TURLEY RECOMMENDATIONS

Kirschenmann is definitely on my radar; from some things I’ve read, I get the feeling that it’s a bit different from most of the lineup (?) - lighter
in style? Am I off base here; how would you characterize it in comparison to some of the other Turley?

[thumbs-up.gif]

Thanks, looks like I’ll definitely be in for a couple of Casa Nuestra. Mountain zin is something special; is there something in particular about the Howell Mt zin that
you can characterize for me? I probably won’t get offered any this time, but in the future I’d be very interested in tasting them. [thankyou.gif]

The Howell Mountain Zins are full bodied, fruity and a lot of structure. In your face Zins. The Rattlesnake is consistently one of my favorites. Howell Mountain Cabs are also known for being big and burly, often needing some years to settle down.

Does anyone recall if this release will be in the new Turley bottles, or are we still a release or two away from those?

Hi, All. My first post at Wine Beserkers. :slight_smile:

Been a Turley drinker for over 10 years and concur that Pesenti and Ueberroth are consistently a cut about. Old Vines amazing value.

But more importantly, what new bottles? Would love them to change. Have always hated the size of the bottom. Barely fit into racks and certainly don’t stack.

I went and looked up the source on the new bottles. It is from an Instagram post from Tegan at the end of July. This is all I know:

Looks promising. I like the representation that it will fit in my wine rack. But final judgement waits for the spring shipment.

This release contains the new bottle shape

1 Like

Has anyone seen a list of the specific bottlings that will be available in the spring release, next week?

I cannot seem to find one on the website, but I may be looking in the wrong place.

EDIT: As soon as I posted, I found it. If others have not found the list yet, here it is:

Turley makes it real easy to oversaturate your cellar with Zin… I’ve weened my purchases back quite a bit. I always get their Petites, a bottle of Hayne zin/PS, a few Old Vines and Juvies (too good of a bargain to pass on), then round out the order with Howell Mountain bottles. I find it a bit easier to focus on the areas where they source fruit. Mountain and Lodi bottles seem to be my favorites.

1 Like

We opened a 2013 Pesenti last night, and it was outstanding! I so wish that we had more. Anyone have any they want to get rid of? :slight_smile:
We visit the Turley tasting room on our yearly visit to Paso, and always end up with different bottles. It just depends on what tasted good to us that day. The only one that we buy consistently is the Juvie.

Abbie,

I was able to buy the OV ($40), and sometimes the Juvie at the Heinen’s store in Hudson. Given the restaurant situation, they may be able to get some of the single vineyard stuff.

Ask for Mark Hoffman, think he does their buying.

1 Like

Nice! Thanks for the suggestion. I’ve seen the Juvie around, but it’s always marked up quite a bit. I haven’t checked Heinen’s, though. We live around the corner from the Pepper Pike store. I’m so used to ordering online, I forget to check the local stores/wineshops.

Turley spring offer is now live.

In for 10. Pesenti, Dusi, Turley Estate and Sadie Upton

3x Pesenti
3x Dragon
2x Casa Nuestra (wish 1 more)

As the OP, thanks again to everyone for their insights and recommendations. Here’s what I went with:

2x Dragon
2x Casa Nuestra
2x Estate Petite Syrah

Even though this is my first mailing list offer, I got the offer today instead of having to wait an extra week, and was very
pleased to see Dragon & Casa Nuestra offered to me. I can only assume this is because I have purchased directly from the
Turley online store, so I was not considered a first time purchaser for Mailing List purposes (an unexpected surprise)

What’s the drinking window typically look like for their Napa Valley Petite Sirah? Is the Estate PS that much better?

In my experience only consisting of the Hayne Petit Sirah, I’d say that has a 7-15 year window.

Imagine you could knock off two years on each end for their other PS’s.