TURLEY RECOMMENDATIONS

I have had many Turley zinfandels and would recommend the Pesenti and Dusi. It is well worth the money for these.

Iā€™ve been buying Turley for about 10 years now and still have a difficult time deciding what to buy. It made it even more difficult when they bought Karley in Amador, so their tasting room is only 30 minutes away from me. There are quite a few wines they sell there that donā€™t make it to the list. With that being said, I agree with the others recommendations. My wife loves their Paso Zins and I am partial to most of their Napa Zins. Juvenile is definitely one of the best QPR bottles out there. Itā€™s a crowd pleaser and great weeknight drinker. Interestingly, I picked up my annual case of Zin from Cedarville in Fair Play a few weeks ago. Owner Jonathan Lach said he sells Turley the majority of the fruit that is used in the Juvenile. We talked about the huge number of wines Turley (Tegan) is making, and he said it is giving their marketing people fits. He expects Turley to start dwindling down the number offerings they have in the coming years because it is becoming too much to manage.

Turleyā€™s fall release of the 2019s opened this morning.

I havenā€™t bought in a while, but went for a six pack since I am coming down to the end of my remaining 2016s and 2017s. The fact that my current cellar is 12% zins and zin blends canā€™t stop me.

Iā€™m looking forward to reacquainting myself with Turley later this fall!

2x 2019 Old Vines
2x 2019 Rattlesnake Ridge
2x 2019 Ueberroth Vineyard

12 Old Vines - Steal of the release year in and year out
2 +4 Salvador - going, going, gone
2 +2 Judge Bell
3 White Coat
0 +2 Library PS

This time around:

3x Old Vine
2x Ueberroth
1x Pesenti Petite Syrah

I have been a Pesenti fan for a long time. Great fruit. Here is a note on the 1999 when ā€œtheyā€ were making it themselves. I do not know who ā€œtheyā€ were. Ignore the points. They come from a prior life when I was trying to convince people to be more rational and use the 100 points that God gave us instead of only 10. I failed. I also dropped the Turley list about 15 years ago when the bottles didnā€™t fit anywhere and were a PITA. If Teagan has finally listed to my complaints, I may jump back in because my wife loves Zin - we are big Carlisle and Black Sears buyers, with Bedrock and others sprinkled in.

• 1999 Pesenti Zinfandel Pesenti Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Paso Robles (12/25/2012)
    Bought about a decade ago and stored just to see how it would age. 88 = low end of excellent, and thatā€™s what it was. There was no WOW, but still an excellent wine. When people say that aged zinfandel is claret-like, this is what they are talking about. Would easily have been mistaken for, letā€™s say, a third or fourth growth St. Estephe. There was a light leathery component reflecting the age and moderate fruit. No oxidation in my bottle, as Wetrock (Yeah, that Berserker) found last year in his CT note. Condition was perfect and exactly what you would expect from a 13 year old wine. I thought the fruit was a bit light, red, dark and brooding, but my wife found stronger fruit. No tanins, no astringency, no jammy zinfandel sweetness. All the rough edges were gone. This disappeared quickly over dinner. (88 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

How is the White Coat? Iā€™v never tried their whites.

Also, was anyone else very limited on Pesenti this go-round? I was only offered 2.

3 Rattlesnake
2 Ueberroth
3 Judge
4 OV

I donā€™t think I was offered Pesenti, it was pretty limited what was available yesterday. That said, what I got were the wines I was most interested in.

Btw the Barbera can now be ordered from the Amador tasting room. I highly recommend it if you like a tangy lively palate, very nice spice and fruit as well.

Iā€™ll let you know when I try it. Iā€™m low on white wine and took a flyer.

Was also offered 2 Pesenti with a wish list of up to 9 more.

Can we add it to the our fall orders? Or shipped separately

Julian, I donā€™t know. For me it was a separate order two or three weeks ago.

Julian - itā€™s a separate order. the releases arenā€™t shipped from the tasting rooms. Iā€™m on the East Coast and my shipments come out of NY State

1 Like

2- Dogtown, Dupratt, Hayne PS, Hayne Zin, Judge, Library PS, Rattlesnake Zin, Zampatti
12 OV
4 - Pesenti, Rattlesnake PS, Salvador, Ueberroth

1 Like

First time buying Turley, so I kept it shy, but I did request the Hayne zin as my more experienced friend said it was one of the best.

4 PS Hayne
2 PS Library
2 PS Rattlesnake
2 Hayne Zin

I am primarily in for the Petite Sirahs with Turley, and it sounds like there are some very good ones this year.