UC Davis Curator's Cellar:Cool Wines and Ultra Rarities 1930s-1999 CAL & French, Good Deals

Hope You are all playing for 2nd place :wink:

i like your enthusiasm young man;)

I guarantee Richard is 100% playing by first come first serve, I had many conversations with him while we worked on this, emails before the exact launch time are invalid.

I guarantee Charlie and his team are going to break some hearts if he was the first email in the queue.

If so, weā€™ll all be looking for crumbs!

If Gibbs got an email in before I did, no one will get any wine ;p

Reallly really curious if anyoneā€™s gotten an email yet? Heā€™s probably still working through the details. Well, not that I need to spend more money on wine this weekā€¦

I have not. I was hoping we might have heard today from at least the first couple of people that got some bottles.

I have not heard anything yet. I am still waiting too.

He is in Davis going through the cellar to verify all orders. Should get back to everyone soon.

Are you in the car with him? :slight_smile:

Richard says up in the offering:
ā€œPlease note I am a one man operation, the wines are still located in the cellar near Sacramento while I am not and that I work deliberately and cautiously around older irreplaceable bottles. You will be contacted after the widow(who wishes to be actively involved) and I remove the ordered bottles from the cellar. For some of you, winter is going to delay shipping, so no rushing will help your orders. Please bear with us.ā€

I wouldnā€™t expect to hear anything until next week at the earliest.

Itā€™s easy for Charlie to update everybody because he got half the collection in his order

#modbenefits
#didntcheatthough
#Imadesureofit

I told Todd, WTF IS THE POINT OF THIS THANKLESS RESPONSIBILITY IF I CANā€™T CHEAT AND DAVE GIBBS IS GOING TO BUY EVERYTHING BEFORE I CAN. [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

I HAVE NO CLUE HOW I MISSED THIS ONE! SAVE ME SOMETHING, FU-MAN!

I have some dirty stuff coming my way hopefully.

Iā€™ll Share with you

I think I got a few of the bottles I really really wanted.
And Iā€™m always happy to share:)
Fu- you mustā€™ve beaten me to the punch with the Roudin Smith and Hanzell! That '78 RS is outstanding.
My senior citizen fingers arenā€™t quite as fast as you kids

Sooooā€¦have some people already got confirmation on what theyā€™ve won/havenā€™t won???

Crickets. Anyone hear yet?

Not yet.

Iā€™ve heard back from Richard. However, I believe he still needs to cross reference against inventory in the cellar, so there isnā€™t any confirmation on allocations just yet. I would be patient if possible.

I had requested all they had for my birth year vintage.

So did you get a response just acknowledging the fact that your offer was received Clifton?

itā€™s first-come, first-served for the bottles that had listed prices, and highest offer for the ones that did not, correct?

Sounds like some folks put it some large ordersā€¦but assuming the above, that would mean the quantity of bottles requested/bid on should not make a difference in the final outcome, right?

Just trying to figure out if I even have a chance here!