UC Davis Curator's Cellar:Cool Wines and Ultra Rarities 1930s-1999 CAL & French, Good Deals

Understood - it was just an acknowledgement. I have my fingers crossed as well, but it does sound slim. [head-bang.gif]

that is correct. first come first serve for bottles with listed prices and highest offer for those that did not. So for the later, time does not matter, only the bid.

Cool, thanks Charlie.

Any thoughts on posting the final hammer price for the bottles that were bid on after all is said/done?

Feel like that would be ideal to see…and either make me feel better or worse about my bids :slight_smile:

I’m more interested if some knew about this offer before 10:30 Pactime on B-Day. It was not among my previews on that B-Day forum.

I know it was there the day before. I printed out the list to look at later in the evening. My memory is so poor I can’t remember if there was a special preview of the auction or it was in with everything else. I also seem to recall I stumbled on it later in the day wondering why I hadn’t seen it earlier. Maybe it was added later in the day.

No email to tell me he got my email. I guess I don’t understand really. There is a list posted of what should be in the cellar so as emails came in the items can just be crossed off and that’s that right? Unless the concern is the original list might be off.

The listing was definitely up during the previews, and the full list was available. I downloaded it to review the night prior. The only thing that changed was the email address.

Because this isn’t a traditional retail operation, I think we should give Richard some leeway. He is, after all, helping a widow clear out her late husband’s collection.

Definitely not up in my B-Day Preview forum!

I had a very light clinic Thursday and went thru every thread in all three forums by 3 PM Pactime: Newbies, early ordering and previews. I ordered on Thursday from Nola & Bryan.

I did not review these forums after 3 PM.

probably up to the OP. Would be fun though.

it was there because i complained to Todd that I have no advantage over you plebs if you all know exactly when the offer goes live. [snort.gif]

He needs to double check all inventory. Let’s just have some patience in spending our monies :smiley:

No email yet.
I saw it on my phone on the preview forum but when I got home to review it was unfortunately past 9 PM and the forum was closed. I didn’t see a time for this thread to go live, got busy with work, and am probably shut out since my meager 4 bottle offer wasn’t sent until 12:45 PST or so. Maybe Charlie you can share a few bottles of your with me! [wink.gif]

got my update.

got some Schramsberg (thought that’d be a cool vertical). Got a single btl of the Hanzell, some SO, 76 mondavi res, 78 diamond creek and some french wines. I think about 70% of what i asked for.

Still not even an acknowledgment email here??

Charlie, were any of yours offers, or did they all have prices listed?

all price listed. didn’t bid on any auction wines.

Gotcha.

Curious if anyone who placed bids has heard anything yet. Or at least received an acknowledgment email. Guess I can’t figure out why some peeps already know what they got, and nothing at all for others.

I haven’t received anything. Did send a test email prior to the auction and was acknowledged.

I sent the email exactly at 10:30PST since that was on Todds launch schedule. I think it opened a little prior so probably missed out because of it.

Charlie did snag some bottles that I wanted :angry:

Charlie, sounds like you’re in pretty constant contact with the OP. If you get a chance, anyway you could ask him what the plan is in regards to responding to bids, or just general responses to the majority of people who have not heard anything?

Seems like that would be really helpful to lots of folks here

I did get a confirmation email that my bids/offers were received, and it looks like I might have won a few of the things I wanted, and likely lost a great deal to those with even quicker fingers;)
I had my email written and cued up on my iPad and laptop, and an “email sent” response on my phone for the forum, and sent them all at the same time as my alarm went off.
My guess is that everybody sent them in at 10:30, so his inbox was flooded with identical time stamps. Maybe internet connection speed made a difference in the order emails were received?
Either way, I’m certain Richard is just trying to sort through everything to be as fair as possible to the most amount of people possible. Time consuming and likely a thankless task;)
If I do end up with some of the bottles I requested, they’ll be opened and shared at the bar for anyone interested.

Thanks David.

Still not sure why only some people got confirmations, but I guess we’re not going to get any answers on that and will just have to wait and see.

Main problem is my hands are starting to go numb from keeping my fingers crossed for so long.