Ultramarine Save the Day

Allocated two 3-packs and bought both. No option to wishlist or purchase mags.

In for two 3-packs. Mags are gone.

Got two 3-packs and two mags. About 30 seconds after purchase I went back into my allocation to record details for CT and the BdB mag said sold out, so they must have gone fast.

These wines sell for $200-300 a bottle in the secondary market. If you’re on the fence, this should push you to buy. I’ve never flipped a wine, but it’s sure fun to drink something that you paid a third of the market value for. And the wine is delicious.

Will take a bottle if someone is willing to share one at cost. Wanna see what the hype’s about. Merci!
(I’ll pay shipping to me).
Thx!

Damn, got tied up at work and couldn’t get in to get any Magnums. I really don’t drink many Mags of still wine but we can make it work with bubbles. What was the cost?

$160 for the mag

I need a favor. Can someone on the list copy and paste the release notes into a PM to me? I placed my order but deleted the release email. All i have is the post-order receipt email which lacks detail, cannot find the actual release email that I must have deleted.
Thanks.

Our 6th release of Ultramarine is around the corner and because of your continued support we are offering a guaranteed allocation on September 3rd and 4th. This is two days before the main release.

The 2015 vintage is probably well known to the collectors on this list for its concentration and power. Poor set and low yields contributed to wines of amazing density. The 2015 Ultramarines are strong, vinous, powerfully Californian wines that loudly declare that they are from the Sonoma Coast. Again, we are offering the wine only as a three pack (rosé, blanc de blancs, and blanc de noirs). The 2015 is an exceptionally small vintage for us, so quantities are limited. We are excited to get these wines to you.

In addition, we have a small number of 2013 blanc de blanc and blanc de noirs magnums. They are limited to one per customer and are not guaranteed. They are sold one a first come, first served basis.

We’ll have full notes and pricing in the release letter. Thanks and cheers!

ALLOCATIONS
If you wish to receive your full allocation, place your order immediately as quantities are limited. You allocation is guaranteed for two days and then will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis.

SHIPPING DATES
We will be shipping the first week in December, weather permitting, and will contact you prior to shipping.

OPEN HOUSE
Our Open House will take pace on Sunday, December 8th. If you opt to pick up your wine, a $10 fee will be added at the time you place your order. More details about the party will be released in November.

TN for the 13’s

2013 Blanc de Blancs, Charles Heintz Vineyard - Magnum

The fourth release of our 100% Chardonnay from Charlie Heintz’s vineyard. Fermented in barrel with indigenous yeasts and aged approximately 12 months before tirage bottling. Aged another 38 months before disgorging à la volée. The wine shows a rich body, with a mineral, lemon curd palate characteristic of wines from Charlie Heintz’s ranch, with the focused acidity that has been the hallmark of Ultramarine from our first vintage.

2013 Blanc de Noirs, Charles Heintz Vineyard - Magnum

The second release of blanc de noirs, this is 100% Pinot Noir and also from Charlie Heintz’s vineyard. It is made exactly the same as the Blanc de blancs. The blanc de noirs, has a fruity nose and a slight saltiness on a finely structured palate. A hint of autolytic character adds to the refinement and elegance of this wine, making it slightly more serious than the previous vintage.

Thanks to those who reached out. And thanks, Robert for dropping it here!

How long do those of you with past experience generally hold the new releases before cracking into them?

A week.

[thumbs-up.gif]

One day hopefully…

"Dear Gabe,

We are writing to provide you an update regarding your Ultramarine allocation. Due to a limited quantity and an enthusiastic response, unfortunately we do not have enough of the 2015 vintage to go around.
Growing is a slow and measured process. And although we are unable to offer you an allocation this release, you are moving up the list. Receiving your first allocation is determined by your date of sign-up and new allocations become available to members of the waitlist, like yourself, as others decline to purchase.

On behalf of the Ultramarine team, thank you for your understanding and patience as we do our best to make wines available to you as soon as possible." champagne.gif

One day hopefully…

Same here. Out of curiosity, for those who were on the waiting list - how long were you waiting before receiving an allocation?

I opened a 2012 Ultramarine Blanc de Noirs Heintz Vineyard Sonoma Coast magnum last night and wow it was drinking so beautifully.

I signed up before the 2012 release
For the 2012 release I didn’t have an allocation per se but was allowed to wish list 2 bottles of BdB and BdN. I was granted the 4 bottles and since then have received the normal allocation

I fell off the list, Michael has a bad email address for me and I can’t log in.

Did you try contacting them? Seems like an easy fix. I went overboard the past 2 months with purchases but this is one list that’s a keeper for sure.