Upcoming chartreuse shortage?

Website shows no 375s and only 10 750s. Get 'em while you can.

Edit: 6 375s and 12 more 750s just showed up on their website.

Just back at the KGBO.

29548C3F-7FA7-419C-A0EA-FDEB5F5DE6F5.jpeg
I guess I’m on a Chartreuse kick lately and chased down some rarities. Looking forward to popping some his weekend for comparison. I’d never even heard of the 9th Centenaire or Gentian.

3 Likes

I didn’t know that the Elixir Vegetal could be purchased in the US.

I have never seen a Chartreuse Gentian liqueur or 9th Centenaire bottling.

North Coast Journal
“The Drunken Botanist: Chartreuse”

by Amy Stewart
April 12, 2012

“…In addition to the standard green and yellow versions found behind the bar back home, there are the V.E.P. bottlings, which have enjoyed more time in the barrel and benefitted considerably from it, as well as fruit liqueurs, a nice bitter gentian liqueur, and one made with génépi, a type of artemisia.”

Hey Drew, I got them from overseas

1 Like

Checked at my local last week and it’s the same price here, possible a little higher, was in the mid $60’s if I recall. Ouch, couldn’t pull the trigger. They had plenty though. Oregon is also a regulated price state, no sales tax here though, which helps.
As a born and raised Buckeye… I-O!

K&L holding steady with lots of stock on all sizes (and both colors)

New bottles from the Santa Tecla festival 2022.
Also able to get a couple of Tarragona bottles this year!

2 Likes

Would love to hear someone quantify differences. I’ve had the V.E.P., but none of the others. Very cool

1 Like

K&L has something interesting: Chartreuse Vegetal de la Grande Chartreuse (Elixir Vegetal) (100ml) - SKU 1644710

Chartreuse Vegetal de la Grande Chartreuse (Elixir Vegetal) (100ml)

1 Like

That is great news. I’ve ordered from Europe at about the same $….if regular is too sweet this is the answer. (Although the alcohol)

Worth reading (and stocking up!!).

Updated link… let me know if it still doesn’t work.

I’d love to read that article Katie but it’s behind a paywall for me?

Can anybody think of a good reason to buy a 3L bottle of Chartreuse? I’d love it for the Novelty but I can’t figure out the end use…

I’ve updated the link. LMK if it works or not. It’s a blog/substack article so it shouldn’t be behind a paywall.

Cool trick, can’t get it to work on iPad though?

I can see around the overlay though no problem, before it was asking me for a sub. Thanks

Sorry about the paywall.

Saw this…I have two full bottles of yellow and green which should tide me over for a bit.

I haven’t had difficulty buying it. Our local store has had it in stock the last couple of times I went to buy both bottles. I just picked up one of each a few weeks ago.

1 Like

It’s hit or miss by me in NJ with some stores having none and saying they don’t anticipate having any in the near future. Other stores have plenty.