Upcoming Saxum Release

+1

I have not ever fealt buyers regret after drinking any Saxum. At least not yet. Can’t say the same about many other wine purchases over the years.

There are some Saxum’s I won’t buy again and some that are must buys. So buyer’s regret? Yes, for certain offerings, but I learned from those experiences.

Which ones? I have not drank the white or any of the $148 pb wines.

The early Paderewski’s and the Rocket Block underwhelmed me.

1 Like

I have not bought any Saxum since making it on their list.
I think I have had two offers so far.
How long before they boot me off the list?

You should let me buy your allocations and keep you safe on the list :grinning:

I was not a fan of the early Paderweskis either, but I have also developed quite the aversion to zinfandel over the past 10-12 years. IIRC, barrel samples of the '15 and '16 were much better, but also much lower zin content. I generally pass on the Paderewski. Same with 4-Hearts. I can’t see paying that much for a bottle that has something (zinfandel component) that just doesn’t go over well with me.

Anyone on the waitlist, PM me if you would like some wine

Thrilled to see the option of a coolpack to ship with the wines!

In. I waffled a long time on whether to get any of the longer barrel-aged wines (Rocket Block and Hexe); I’m not sure they are worth the extra cost. In the end, though, I got one each. It helped that I decided to skip the Aubert offering today. I reallocated some of those funds to Saxum. (Re-allocating to non-wine goods and services never seems to cross my mind at such moments, oddly enough.)

Graciano in everything. Maybe I wasn’t paying attention, but I don’t remember seeing this much before. It’s the largest component of Heartstone and present in most of the other wines.
I’m normally not fan of Heartstone, but I’ll have try it. Loved Third Twin Graciano.

1 Like

Surprised to not see any reviewer notes - aren’t they typically included in the release?

A lot of the early Mourvedre plantings turned out to be Graciano.

1 Like

Willing to sell allocation at cost. PM me.

2 Likes

JD usually posts Saxum scores. He noted on his IG that he has not released anything for the wines yet.

Thanks for the reminder. We were in Paso last spring and remember hearing that at one of our visits. A year later, I couldn’t recall which variety it was mistaken for.

In (duh)

In