UPS really screwed up? What are my options?

I got notices that my N.02 and N.11 shipped yesterday. I just went into my UPS Choice and scheduled both to be held at the depot. No issues at all. I never paid a dime for the service. Did you sign up for the service and create an account? All you need to do then is click on the tracking number in Cam’s email and the My Choice sign in should be an option. Then hit delivery options.

Kinda weak sauce if UPS and FedEx are both claiming Covid is the reason they can’t guarantee shipment delivery dates anymore. It’s been more than 6 months at this point and unemployment was/is at record high levels. Shouldn’t be hard at all to hire…

I do understand that ground service never came with a guaranteed delivery date in the first place, but at a minimum overnight and 2-day air shipments should be back to guaranteed delivery again…

I’m signed into my UPS Choice account, but the only available delivery option is the failed delivery thing. Do you have a UPS My Choice “Home” account, or a “Business” one?

You don’t get this screen?
5AA804A0-63AB-403A-9B02-CE25BE198C1B.jpeg

I get that. I click “delivery options” and get this:
ups.jpg

If a driver fakes a delivery to a home address, why couldn’t the same happen to a drug store? I understand re-routing if you aren’t home for packages, but if you’re choosing this option specifically for wines as you want the guarantee of delivery on a certain day, to avoid heat damage, why is it guaranteed to a drug store vs. your residence? Are you betting on the possible greater volume of packages going there vs. your 1 delivery at home?

I get a whole list of other locations that I can hold it at.

This

Probably because they can’t say nobody answered the door. I’d also imagine they can’t miss that stop as there are most likely multiple boxes headed there everyday. Tough to explain that one to the boss.

+1 on shipping to a “store” location; i’ve had issues and I’m in the bay area, literally can drive to where they shipped from. No more problems once I signed up for respective apps and routed to their stores.

Agreed that’s what I do now with both UPS/FedEx.

T-Mobile had this thing where they gave your My Choice Premium so I signed up for that.

What i have found lately is UPS and FedEx are leaving wine and liquor packages on my doorstep even if no one has signed for it. Found my De Negoce delivery yesterday waiting for me. Before COVID, there would be “tried to deliver” tags. I tried to redirect to drugstore hold but have not been able to since COVID, even tho that was my go-to. Was happy it wasn’t stolen.

+1 here. Much higher likelihood of dropoff at the local FedEx Office or their affiliate locales (Walgreens, Albertsons, etc around the country). Even if you’re now working from home, you take a shower or walk the dog, and you know that’s when they’ll come… your wine bumbles around all day on the truck. Does the driver park in the sun for a lunch break? Can get darn hot in a FedEx truck if your box in the sunny corner on top… Shipping by HAL (Hold at Location) ideally designated by winery, saves $$ too vs Home Delivery. I always beg consumers to take delivery this way if there’s not a manned business address, but FedEx is so out of control lately that they blow off business stops too and pretend they attempted or just ASSUME a business is closed. So their own location is a sure thing to get your wine off.the.truck.

Wineries, by the way, are usually dialed into UPS or FedEx, not both. And it’s a major pain to switch. I could rant for hours about the nonsensical choices by FedEx drivers this year, including one who FAKED A CUSTOMER SIGNATURE on my own doorstep on a wine they decided, without asking, to re-route 3000 miles back to me. To add injury to insult, when I saw the box sitting on the deck through the window, I wondered WTF is that, my dog and I went out to inspect. Turns out driver was still inside my gate, and was unpleasantly surprised by the barking dog, which he started kicking. He then called in a dog bite and got a lot of time off, while my dog got quarantined. All over a faked signature, cuz, like, if he had KNOCKED, since I was home, with pupdog inside, I would have simply answered the door. Lest I digress.

Thanks to so many of you, I have a bunch of wine shipments to get out, and I’m already grinding my teeth nightly in anticipation of drama. It’s in the top 5 most frustrating things about this biz. Meanwhile, FedEx stock is way up as their rates have nearly doubled this year, along with their volume, and they’ve disavowed any accountability. Low fuel costs, just minting Earnings per Share. It’s abusive to shipper and recipient, good for stockholders.

It’s the inability to anticipate the journey that annoys me. Until Covid, they followed a predictable, efficient route. Good ol’ capitalism, profit motive at work. Shipping Napa Valley to SoCal was ALWAYS two days by Ground. Not guaranteed as noted above, but still, why take it all over the state for 5 days. But they do now… Makes picking a shipping date difficult.

They used to be so good. I have no idea what happened to such a large company.