Vice Versa Spring Offering 23

After a week of deliberating my allocation of 3 bottles each of DrC and BTK, I’ve decided to leave all on the table. The price increase and differing life priorities have led me to this conclusion, even after opening a bottle of 2019 VV DrC this weekend. Hopefully this will result in some fellow Berserkers getting wishlists fulfilled. My offer ends at 0900 PST today so I’d image further wishlists will be fulfilled soon after.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that Mike by understand. What were your thoughts on 19 VV Dr. Crane?

Got both my wishlisted bottles! Thank you VV team

You mentioned the price increase? What was the price for the 19’s?

They were $250 a bottle.

Yeah that’s quite the increase. If this wasn’t my first go with their Single Vineyards I definitely would have passed as that is a pretty steep jump( Do you think wineries are escalating the prices between vintages to make up for the lost 2020 vintage) Interestingly enough they release their Spinning Plates last summer and those were only $150 per

It was a solid bottle of wine but as far as Dr Cranes go I much prefer Realm, Paul Hobbs, Bevan, Myriad, and Memento Mori. $300 per bottle is where i make the decision to stay or go and unfortunately VV doesn’t make the cut for me.

3 Likes

Dang. I love VV’s Dr Crane. Never had one as good. Never had Realm’s but it’s 350 now. I have some Bevan ones I will need to try.

Spinning Plates is a solid buy. Nice entry to the VV wines. If I hadn’t purchased last year and had tasted how high end the wines were, I might have passed as well.

1 Like

I got 2 bottles and shipping was 63 usd plus 40 tax thats 100 in tax and shipping

WOW, 2 bottles and $63 shipping! I passed this time around as others had stated due to children college, etc., etc. However, that is beyond me.

That’s why I scheduled for pickup. Granted a lot of wineries are charging these shipping prices now. Luckily no children here to worry about ha.

Had to take a look back at my Bella Oaks delivery (as a comparable bottle price) last year and 3 bottles was $39 which delivered about 5 months ago…so $63 really jumped out for me.

Im in FL for context but yeah, seems like a lot. Btw I want to clarify that this is a shipping company issue and not VVs fault, this is not the only high shipping charge for me this year and has been a recurring theme on most orders

1 Like

Are some of these high shipping costs from 2/3 day air? I shipped FedEx ground for < $7/bottle. Still high, but not $30/bottle

1 Like

I believe they are shipping 2 day air to florida

2 Likes

I really tempted to reach out to the folks at VV because I selected UPS 3 Day to TX and they smacked me for $81 shipping which seems excessive

Reach out. They are very responsive.

1 Like

The response typically given is it is out of their hands and prices are not set by them. I guess we should just be glad we don’t have to deal with SQN level shipping prices. :rofl:

I was thinking he meant to change the shipping to ground.

3 Likes