Vincent - New Deals for MAY!

All Vincent wines are great, the warden and I have pounded through a mixed case.

You’re making a huge mistake if you don’t grab the gamey noir.

World class shit right there.

[cheers.gif] Just to let you know that the wife has sucked down all the whites and daughter has done a good job on the reds. I even grabbed an Armstrong the other night and it was super.

Email sent. Ordered 3 Gamay Noir and SV PN.

I tried the Blue Ribbon Pinot recently and quite liked it. I was not doing the cerebral wine thing and my simple test is did I enjoy it and do I want to drink more. The answer to both questions is yes. It is nice to see an old familiar name from wine board of past making such a nice and delightful drink.

Good move! This wine was a cult killer. LOL

2016 Vincent Gamay Noir Bjornson Vineyard Eola - Amity Hills
6/30/2019 - I WROTE:
Brought to a dinner loaded with Kutch, William Selyem, beaux frere and this wine was the WOTN for a number of people. Impressive showing. Dark color and light jam and pure fruit with substantial mineral base. Excellent

Very cool to hear Brig! That '16 is a really good one.

Thanks Sheila and others for the recent orders.

FYI, I’m looking to make more direct offers to my list this spring, including one with my friend John Grochau of Grochau Cellars. Will share here as well. Stay tuned for that.

No problem, brother.

Easy supporting great people making killer juice.

The Gamay is an “off the beaten track” varietal for Americans.

But even the euro versions can be just okay.

Your wine is not just okay. It’s spectacular.

Order In: In for 4 Chardonnay and 2 Bjornoson PN

Just had my first bottle of the bjormoson last week. Needed 1 hour to open up and was simply delicious. I would say it is a earlier drinker (btw there is no rush…just saying it is accessible). The color is pretty in the glass. Bright fruits strawberry, cherry, clove(ish) spice, a bit high alcohol (not hot). Still feminine. Long finish…again lovely and delicious.

Nice note John. The wines are in bottle only for a month now so yes airing is good. I’ve come to find that bottling wine is like punching down bread dough, they both need time to relax to give everything they have. Cheers.

Vincent

As of a couple of days ago, KY is now a shipping state…HB 415 to be specific…please let your shipper know. I received an order from Stony Hill. I plan on ordering from you in the next couple of days…

I thought you were going to call me out for misspelling "Bjornson! Laughing. On the subject of the “punching down and time to relax”, I agree. Having said that…I do find it really fun and interest to taste a wine early. FOR ME, it is part of the journey. I am always trying learn! Btw i am really mad at every one on this thread because I bought my original “budgeted” amount, then you Vincent extended so i broke budget and bought another 12 , now everyone is raving about the Gamay…I intentionally did not buy because I normally don’t like Gamay…but now (based on the above feedback I really want to try)…which will not doubt put me further over budget! [cheers.gif]

Chardonnay was killer.

Just ordered a mixed 6 pack.

Thanks to Vincent for helping me decide what to buy!

My first from this winery- excited to try them.

Len, good to know!

[rofl.gif] [thankyou.gif]

SIP offer with Grochau has ended, but I have new specials for May at the top of this thread.

What are the chardonnays and Pinot blanc like?

My Pinot Blanc is fermented in older barrels and lees aged for a year. Bright fresh and crisp white wine with just enough width to balance the zestiness. I make Chardonnay the same way, maybe some younger barrel ones the mix with old barrels, nothing new. Again good acidity with a broader texture that is classic Chardonnay. The Grochau Brick House is made similarly, with terrific cut and restraint.

Having just received a shipment. I opened an Eola-Hill. Is rank it over 3 nights. Really great fruit, at first I was worried it may be too young to drink. But boy I’m glad I did. This is probably the youngest I’ve had a pinot noir. And it was powerful, elegant and smooth. The expression was slightly different each day, but maybe it’s cause I cooked vastly different food in those three nights. For 22 a bottle I highly highly recommend. I got a six pack of various wines and can’t wait to try one of each now and the rest in a year from now. Cheerio Vincent. Your wine is gorgeous. I am sad we didn’t meet up in Feb when I was in Oregon.