Vincent Wine Company release

hmmm
Vincent Ribbon Ridge…must investigate.

(couldn’t resist)

What’s the oak philosophy on the Whites?

Also, does “Tardive” mean a late-harvest sweet wine?

Vincent’s Tardive Chard and Pinot Blanc are not sweet dessert wines.

Wow, killer endorsement, and ridiculous pricing! Plus free shipping on 6.

As I am starting to find that US Pinot could be one of the few red wines that my wife and I might enjoy together - she just came from a Williams Selyem tasting - I have been buying some here and there. Sounds like this would have been a better pairing last night that my disappointing Roilette, which incidentally is a perennial fave of mine.

Vincent -

I’d like to grab a sixer, say 2 each of the Ribbon Ridge and the Eola, plus you pick two of the SVD Pinots that you prefer.

Thanks for the offer!

I’m excited to discover a new exciting brand, at least to me. Will be placing an order this Monday…very excited!

Sorry for the abuse of the word “excited”

Vincent’s wines never disappoint. Opened up a 2018 pinot blanc and a 2018 Willamette Valley chardonnay from the fall offer recently and thoroughly enjoyed them both. I’ve not tried the Tardive versions of these wines, so this offer is coming at the perfect time.

Big fan here - The Gamay is not to be missed [cheers.gif]

Not only does Vincent make excellent wines, but he’s one of the nicest guys around if that matters to you.

Whoa, MARSHALL MANNING SIGHTING. Knock me over with a feather.

I just bought a mixed case of Vincent last night. Heavy on the Gamay. Agree, Vincent is a great guy, has been around the boards for some time and always makes positive contributions.

We discussed how I tend to prefer the Eola wines over Ribbon Ridge, chacun a gout.

I’m pretty hard to miss, Marc! Good to see you.

“I don’t always drink Oregon wine, but when I do it’s Vincent (shamelessly hoping to be in Vincent’t first Super Bowl commercial).”

This should date me . . .
Chacon a gout = to each his ever lovin’ blue-eyed own.
Best, Jim

+1 on this. [taps mic] Marshall, is it really you? You’re definitely in the super bowl ad…as long as you’re making puns.

Yes! 100% Armstrong Vineyard (Doug’s site) in my Ribbon Ridge bottling. The 2018 Armstrong designate will come out in the fall, don’t overlook that.

Nathan,

I explain it in the email, but I’m old school. All wines are in French oak, but no new oak ever. Some younger barrels in the mix for single vineyard designate reds, usually two and three fills prior. Whites usually four year old barrels and older, some 15 years old. As long as they are clean and water tight, I use them.

“Tardive” wines are aged longer on the lees and bottled later then regular cuvees of whatever the wine is. So Pinot Blanc is usually on the lees for 10 or 11 months, but the Tardive bottling is 18 months. I’ve done a Tardive red, when I had two bottlings of Armstrong in 2015 as I transitioned to longer barrel aging for single vineyard Pinots (18 months instead of 10 or 11). Small news - there will be a Tardive bottling of Willamette Valley Pinot Noir base bottling for 2018, coming in the fall. Lots of structure in the vintage, so some barrels of basic WV Pinot Noir I held longer for more development. Note - longer barrel aging doesn’t make the wines more oaky. It’s more about time on the lees and the slow ox you get in cask over time, to further cure the wine like we do with longer aging of meats or cheeses.

And yes, instead of “Tardive” I could say “Reserve” because that’s really what these wines are. But that term is meaningless to me, so Tardive it is.

Armstrong is one of my favorite vineyards.

If the Ribbon Ridge is Armstrong fruit, what’s the difference between the RR and the Armstrong designate? “Better” barrels in the designate? More time in barrel?

More wine to buy, and so close to Berserker Day.

Robert

Thanks for the heads up Jim, can’t wait to try some of this wine! [cheers.gif]

I’m a fan as well. I own too much wine and virtually no US wine, but Vincent is one of two US producers I regularly buy wine from. I enjoy both the gamay and the pinots.

I just e-mailed Vincent an order for his wines. I enjoyed pretty much all of his Pinots and Chards. Not for offer on his Spring release but the Brick House Chard was a great QPR and an excellent wine.

Yes, for me the vineyard designates are the most special barrels from each vineyard. The rest aren’t “bad” just perhaps lacking the dimension, depth, whatever. The Ribbon Ridge bottling is bottled prior to the next harvest, where the Armstrong designate sees 17-18 months elevage. Those best barrels often have the most structure, or most coil, so they warrant extra time before bottling. I think of Armstrong like an estate vineyard, meaning if I owned it I’d do more than one bottling, so I do that, just don’t own it. But work with three distinct blocks of the vineyard, which is right down the road from Brick House (so it’s been fun to have Pinot from Armstrong and Chard from Brick House…nice neighborhood).

Thanks again for all the love, it’s really cool. Bottom line with me, if you ever have any issues, don’t like something, whatever, just let me know and we can work it out. Life’s too short to feel like you’re risking something buying something from me. And if you’re in the Willamette Valley, let me know, always love to meet Berserkers. Happy to pop bottles.