Vincent Wine Company release

Vince,
I mentioned to Diane that I had ordered a case of Pinot from you and she said, “this year, we need to go see him.” So . . . be careful what you wish for.
‘Hope to back in CA in June - I’ll be in touch.
Is the Joel Palmer House near you?
Best, Jim

I appreciate that. The door is open Jim. And yes, Joel Palmer House in Dayton is about 10 minutes from the winery in the Eola Hills.

Going deep, Vincent wines are a staple in our household and we love to support good people. The whites are just awesome value, and the AVA-level reds are our go to weeknight Pinots. I have a good stash of the single vineyard bottlings as well putting on some age in the cellar. Thanks again Vincent!

Drinking the 2015 Ribbon Ridge tonight. Yup, I need more. Order in.

Wow. All these rave endorsements. Just when I thought I was done for this month. I need to sign up and order some to try. Only which ones? :slight_smile:

David,
It depends upon how soon you want to drink it.
Everything is good on release but many will be much more if aged properly.
I always buy a case of the Ribbon Ridge Pinot and drink most of it way to early. The ones that I give time show I should do that more often.
Jeremy C notes above that he just drank a 2015 RR and it convinced him to buy more.
You can’t really go wrong at this house so why not try a couple of each?
Best, Jim

Can’t wait for these to be shipped.

Thanx Jim!

Again thanks. My spring prerelease offer is done but hit me up if you want in and I’ll send it to you. This week only. I appreciate people’s interest and definitely let me know if you’re heading to the Willamette Valley. Always love to meet up with fellow Berserkers.

I ordered a mixed case last year, after reading many glowing comments on WB plus being attracted by the very favorable pricing.

I’ve had one pinot, and two chardonnays, and my impression of all of them is that they seem to have the quality to develop into something good, but they’re painfully too young. Especially the pinot, which was a 2017 Temperance Hill. I think it improved substantially by the second or third day (something I rarely say – I usually find most wines are diminished on the second and third day after opening), but on day one, it was kind of barrel-sample young as well as AFWE-beyond-the-outer-line for my tastes.

So I’m in that position of remaining hopeful, but not feeling like I’m going to get a great experience opening more of these soon. I guess I’ll hold off for awhile, and if I see that they develop into what I hope they will, and then maybe get back into buying some more then.

I found my note, from December 2019:

I ordered a case of assorted Vincent wines, and I cracked my first bottle tonight, the 2017 Pinot Noir Temperance Hill Vineyard.

This wine is way too young, with some barrel sample raw grapey character to it still. It has an almost glowing brightness to the transparent light red color. The nose reveals no fruit until several hours after the bottle opens, and even then, it’s still mostly chalky mineral and some kind of forest or herb, but it’s hard to pin down.

After a few hours, some crisp red almost-ripe cherry and cranberry flavor mixes into the savory character of the wine. The acid is high, there is really no oak or alcohol (13.2%) in evidence.

I think this is going to be good wine, and it’s a very honest effort at transparency of grape and terroir, probably at the expense of being something with broader appeal to non-geek customers. But I wouldn’t open another of these for at least a few years.

+1
Get off your lazy butt V; I’m thirsty.
neener [cheers.gif]

I love these wines, but they require patience IMO.

Scott, we just bottled last Friday!! Shipping to start very soon as weather allows. Snow(flakes) in the Portland forecast this weekend! champagne.gif [berserker.gif]

Note that the '18 Ribbon Ridge and Eola-Amity Pinot Noirs in the current offer were in bottle last August.

Chris Seiber, I appreciate your detailed note! Hang in there with the '17 Temperance, that vineyard can be polarizing but I love it and it makes an age worthy wine. The '17s in general are pretty classic Oregon Pinots, meaning they will indeed open nicely over several years. I don’t make red wines in a highly extractive manner, generally just a handful of punchdowns over the three-ish weeks of fermentation, no new wood but everything goes into French oak. I’m going for a fine quality of tannin that you can approach young but also keep. The '17s have some of that structure without all the round fruit of the '16s. Time will be their friend but I enjoy these wines young too for their verve. The '18s in the current offer combine the two, with a chalky tannin that will warrant some cellaring even if the young wines are well fruited and approachable in the way you might approach younger Burgundy or Nebbiolo. I’m not a highly technical winemaker, so the wines are what the vineyards gave. I’m not making adjustments to the chemistry (aside from some SO2), no fining or filtering, just a light touch and then careful racking before bottling. I enjoy seeing the evolution of wines in bottle, and I hope anyone trying the wines appreciates that too even if most of the wines get slurped down on the young side. No worries about that. Cheers!