Walter Scott Wolfpack

If anyone wants to join the zoom for Walter Scott next Saturday!

Lol, good point!

+1 Bedrock is good juice and reasonably priced, but this is true for me. I usually “browse” my cellar using CT’s Ready to Drink, Vintage or Variety function. Just recently I sorted by producer, and Bedrock had zoomed to #1. That’s what happens when you try to buy one of everything they do each year! Note to self, be more selective…and drink more Bedrock.

Great to hear what sounds like a commitment to access for other customers as well and what appears to be a fairly limited number of club members in order to do so. As was mentioned, the posters in this thread (and prob the board as a whole) is a pretty small group of wine geeks who want to have a variety of experiences. I similarly can’t recall having purchased more than a case or so per year from anyone routinely. But there’s a much larger group out there who desires high quality wine and doesn’t want to think about it. They don’t care if they just drink one label. Not surprised to hear the feedback from WS team re: requests for membership and this will be perfect for that group who now doesn’t have spend any time or effort and knows they’ll get a consistent product. I know people who have one or two ‘memberships’ of that type (there’s a whole bunch that fit the bill) and that’s all they drink. Best wishes to the WS team. Will look forward to continuing to support them with what I have access to.

Hi Erica and Andy

Thanks for the clarifications and the reassurances, my family loves your wines.

Sean

Not a bad problem to have, that Bedrock! [cheers.gif]

Morgan makes exceptional wines, and while I tend to pop the Zins way too early, they clearly have legs for the longer haul. Some require it.

Looking forward to trying the Walter Scott Chards. Some friends rave about them and my local Berserker buddy Carnes just got a case before the Wolfpack thing.

+1

I wish there was a 1 bottle per month option for the Wolfpack. not because I wouldn’t love 2 cases of Walter Scott per year, but just because 24 bottles is just a b ig chunk of my total purchase volume per shipping season!

Is there anywhere in the country that you can ship to every month? Even quarterly doesn’t work for Houston, would need 2 per year, November and April (latest).

I would say if you were local in the Pac NW you might be able to.

I’m guessing they are using ups cold chain for shipments

2 cases a year is significant, but I view it as a forcing function for drinking one now and one later, since most shipments will be two of the same bottle.

Exactly.

Warm weather Wolfpack shipments will be packed and sent under conditions that ensure wines reach members in proper condition.

We have no interest in “cooking” our wines!

Why is everything going to a subscription model? Wine, razors, panties…when does it stop?

All kidding aside, I only buy the chards and really wouldn’t want any pinot. The Wolfpack will not work for me.

I was one of the first to complain on here so it’s only fair to give credit where it’s due. It looks like the SVD chards that were made “Wolfpack only” have since been reopened to the public. Not sure if this was brought up already. May have nothing to do with all the griping on this board, but I like to think they listened to their customers and pivoted to keep them happy, like so many people here said they always do. Good on ya Walt.

I noticed this too. It’s kind of frustrating because I wasn’t able to get all the wines I wanted in the first place last week. I guess I’ll have to put in another order…

I think Andy or Erica chimes in on that point.
It was a website transition issue… not the intent of Wolfpack to restrict already released wines.
It was an odd thing and certainly raised questions but looks like just backend tech/roll out bugs that’s being worked out.

Is there any information available for a release schedule ?

Glad to see and hear this. I will definitely be putting in a second order after getting to try their Chard’s for the first time.

Hi All,

Fall Walter Scott offer out today for the Combe Le Verte. No change in price still $28 for both Pinot Noir and Chardonnay. Only difference I see is there is no longer a 12 bottle purchase discount. Order in…

Sean