Waygu beef from Costco. Too Much Fat!!!

Or, you can always sous vide it. [barf1.gif]
10189D20-3A34-477D-9E70-FEAC21466C8A.jpeg
Sous Vide is French for “how to ruin steak.”

LOL, seared in the microwave [truce.gif]

135 C to give it that perfect color!

[rofl.gif]

Ask Randy Bowman on microwave searing…and smoking.

Last year, some cousins and I went in on a whole A5 Ribeye from Costco and I broke it down. It was wonderful! However, even with 3 families plus some in-laws, we barely made it through a few of the steaks. I did several different preparations, and it was all cut into very small pieces that we tried with different salts, soy sauces, and dipping sauces.

Our very favorite was the ribeye cap, which I was able to cold smoke in the BGE as it was frigid outside, and then seared. Favorite way to eat them were with aged soy sauce or Malden with a squeeze of fresh Yuzu.

You mean this? Currently in stock at Epicurus in Los Angeles. Yum.
4E54BE60-ED22-4C9F-9748-60FCAB6029D6.jpeg

Bordier! Envious, party of one, your table is available!! I adore this stuff and have been unable to find it in the States, either locally or by mail order. However, I just this minute realized that I know someone who lives in Los Angeles . . . perhaps she can be persuaded (or bribed) to overnight me some frozen butter. Hmmmm.

I’m fortunate that my local cheesemonger brings in wheels of Echire butter and they’ll just cut you slabs of however much you want. It’s fantastic stuff.

We bought bordier at Harrods food hall and had it with scones throughout our London trip