WEEK 3 - Virtual Tasting for Charity -Cabernet Sauvignon from Around the World - SC Flood Relief

bump–still collecting notes.
Anyone want to drink a Cab tonight after you cleanse your palate with a beer?

No beer for me… but we might be opening a 2005 Pride cab later today.

2005 Match Baconbrook
Consumed 12/16 at our company Christmas party
Opened and decanted, but not long enough. Very good, rich dark fruit, a hint of chocolate.
Needs more air or even more time in the bottle.

I opened two cabs last week for this thread then got distracted with life and forgot to post them…

• 2005 Burgess Cabernet Sauvignon Napa Valley - USA, California, Napa Valley (12/12/2015)
    Drinking well at 10 years old and likely peaking. Fairly typical Napa cab with aromas of red currant, dust/earth and herbs. The palate matches, adding cherry and a hint of licorice. Medium acid/tannins add structure. (89 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

• 2007 Stefania Cabernet Sauvignon Uvas Creek Vineyard - USA, California, Central Coast, Santa Clara Valley (12/13/2015)
    My last bottle. Drinking well now with both aromas and flavors of cocoa, currant, cherry, raspberry and earth. Integrated medium acid and tannins. (90 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

2005 Pride cab. Drinking very well right now. Cassis and dark cherry on the nose. Tannins are mostly resolved. Long finish. Still has a few more good years left.