Westchester Co NY

This is old data on some of the restaurants. X2O is expensive but a great restaurant and only a 22 minute train ride from Grand Central. I do not know what they would do for corkage for a group, but they charged us ZERO for my son’s wedding luncheon and it was the best bargain in history. Morton’s has moved and I have eaten at the new location but I don’t really know the people there. I don’t know a lot of restaurant people in Westchester. When I’m in Westchester, I tend to eat at home. The wine cellar there is more extensive and hand picked by an expert.

champagne.gif

Yes, that list is quite outdated… Time for Hammer to update a new one.

It’s not for me to update the Westchester list. I don’t have access to the edit function. [wink.gif]

It’s my understanding that the person that posts an offline also suggests the restaurant. [cheers.gif]

Harper’s in Dobbs Ferry has zero corkage on Wednesdays and a phenomenal menu.

Thanks Jorge

True, it has been a while since I arranged one, probably why I am a tad rusty champagne.gif

Sure thing Mike. If it goes down at Harpers, I might attend…seeing as I live right above. [wink.gif]

Wednesdays do not work for me, since I have my son, any chance that you can inquire if they would do another night? Or if you know someone I can inquire.

Monday or Tuesday?

Mike, they quoted $25 on Mondays & Tuesdays. But GM, Justin Montgomery said to give him a call and tell him I sent you and he will work something out with you.

Any date thrown out yet? I’d be interested since I work in the area :slight_smile:

Working on that now Ian…

Mike…if you need a place for the dinner, I can get you a few ideas…shoot me an e-mail or PM if you want.

Don’t worry about trying to please my fine palate, I pretty sure I cannot attend; you can bring as many bottles of your beloved stuff without worrying. flirtysmile

If you call in advance, MP Taverna in Irvington has excellent food, a whole animal option, and was really good with corkage for groups.

Mark, my one goal these past many years is to find a wine that pleases you.

Re: MP Taverna. Good food. Good prices. The most uncomfortable chairs of any restaurant anywhere.

dh

[wink.gif] Your presence, Dan, more than makes up for your wines.

I have not forgot about it, I have taken on a new client and thus I am working in the city until at least 6pm or so for the next two months.

Might have to make this a weekend event perhaps on a Sunday, otherwise someone else can take the lead.

Or… we can meet in the city.

That would kind of defeat the purpose. neener

I’m willing to meet in the City!