Westchester County - New York

I forgot about it. I will update over the weekend.

Wolferts Roost now closed.
St George in Hastings (previously mentioned) and Harper’s in Dobbs Ferry are both $25 with good attitude, same head chef as Meritage. St George has corkage free Thursdays (call to confirm)
L’Inizio in Ardsley is also $25.

Yep…sad. Apparently it was meant to be an “experiment” that seemed to go too well? It’ll be a catering/private space now. Opening an upscale pizza joint a few doors away.

Have heard good things about L’Inizio.

Found a Vietnamese gem this week in, of all places, a strip mall on Central Ave in Scarsdale.

Vietnam’s Central (great, original name, I know) has a pretty darned good bowl of pho (also huge!) and a nicer-than-it needs-to-be interior. The owner apparently has a small interest in Wine since he has better selections than most restaurants of its type. He also allows corkage at $15 (didn’t ask about limits).

Will definitely go back.

Any current updates or additions?

Still offering groupons. Also participating in restaurant week. Also, I read on yelp that someone wrote they often brought wine, which I did not know was ok. It was, charged $40 for one bottle. Squash soup was amazing with an aged white Burgundy. Lobster was a little off. Dessert outstanding. Coffee, not. But presentation, service and atmosphere was impeccable. Jackets for men requested, so be guided accordingly.

Pleasantville now has a first class pub in the old station. Corkage is generally $25, but very flexible with multiple bottles. Food is excellent; think serious gastropub. Superb mussels, pork belly sliders are delicious, and fish and chips are almost as good as England.

A friend of mine had less than generous thoughts. Looks like I’ll have to make my own decision.

If you’re referring to Pubstreet, I’m on Mark’s side. Thought it was great!

My new favorite restaurant is in Pelham. Macelleria is on 5th Ave. Corkage is 35.00

A friend of mine recommended this Italian Steak House to us, so off we went. We sat outside, socially distant. They have heaters.
Steaks on the menu at $30?? Yes, but before I have a steak at a new restaurant, I decided to have a pasta dish; because if an Italian restaurant can’t do pasta, it’s a pass for future visits. Well, all I can say is we’ll be back to try those steaks. This place is 5 start service, 5 start food, and 4 star pricing.
Cost for 2 was $100 + tax and tip.

https://www.macelleriaitaliansteakhouse.com/

dh

It opened way after I left Pelham but been wanting to try it. Thanks for bringing this to light Dan.

Had a surprisingly mediocre dinner at X2O on Sunday. Magnificent view though.

Hadn’t been in a long time and it will probably be a longer time before I go back.

If anyone is training it up on MetroNorth, the restaurant is about a 5 minute walk. It’s a 31 minute ride. One way fare is $8.50 off peak. Senior fare $5.50.

Does not surprise me Jay. Went there once years ago, and I was like meh!.

Has anyone tried their other location in Armonk? I also see they are opening a branch in Greenwich this spring, so wondering if they will keep this policy across all locations.

Went to Pelham Macelleria a couple of weekends ago and was NOT impressed with the steak at all. $30 for a thin, bland, tough ribeye is $25 too much.

Did a wine dinner at La Panetiere in Rye last week; upstairs private dining room, good tasting menu and prenegotiated the corkage, tax and tip. Wonderful evening all around.
6B9B6BB7-1D9A-41C8-BE3F-D647FB3F70E6.jpeg

1 Like

Visited La Panetiere on a relatively quiet Wednesday night. No outdoor seating. But tables nicely spaced apart. Enjoyed immensely, especially atmosphere and service; food too. Light sauces with lots of veggies, more olive oil than butter. Filleted branzino went well with our mid-mature Chablis GC Preuses, $40 corkage fee. All the food is very wine friendly.

1 Like

Organized a Cali cab wine dinner at Lenny’s Steakhouse in Larchmont and while corkage is usually $30/btl we ended up with an off the menu dinner of oysters, shrimp, bacon, split porterhouse and sides and passed desserts with unlimited corkage for $100 + tax + tip per person or $140 all in. And the steaks are in a Luger buttered style and did not disappoint.
8B0D9E2A-DB59-41AB-A85E-658B1C5B5351.jpeg
0D4819AE-048E-4026-862B-4AA4AA5A0BE5.jpeg

1 Like

We’re going to Meso on Sunday. This is the old Morgan’s Fish House in Rye. Corkage $35. https://www.mesorestaurants.com/

Unico $25 Hartsdale https://www.unicony.com/

Kee Oyster House $45 White Plains http://www.keeoysterhouse.com/