What are you opening for NYE 2021?

2014 Rippon Pinot Tinkers Field
Krug 168 eme

Krug 168eme
Mousse Fils Blanc de Noirs Perpetuelle ā€˜Lā€™or Dā€™Eugeneā€™

Ulysse Collin Les PierriĆØres? But may change to beer as someone in the house screamed for a different meal style, Chinese hotpot. Will see what ends up.

1996 Salon

Weā€™re having lasagne, so not Champagne. That will come tomorrow when we have gougeres and Krug.

Hey Joseph, it comes down to personal preference and the quality of the champagne. For something like the 2008 Grande Annee, I would recommend removing it from fridge temp, popping it, and letting it warm up for about 10-15 minutes. You could allow longer, but I also like to watch it evolve while warming up in the glass.

Pair with something salty and rich. Oysters, fried chicken, petit filet. Sushi is my personal pref. But tbh, it will go with just about anything.

1 Like

2008 Taittinger Comtes

What is this ā€œgoing outā€ to which you refer?

I have a 1996 Dom Ruinart on tap for tonight. And will be asleep by 11, no doubt

Restaurants can operate until 10:30 pm (curfew is at 11 pm). After dinner we come home and open champagne at midnight.

Have fun. Where are you?

awesome. Thank you!

Espinho, Portugal. And weā€™re off to a great startā€¦
IMG_20201231_192132.jpg

That is awesome TomƔs. Have a great holiday!

2017 Paetra Riesling ā€œKā€ from Berserker Day 2019.
I had to open a dry white wine to make the ravioli filling for my course tonight, and so this will be my wine for the evening (Iā€™ll be the only one drinking tonight)! Really looking forward to it. The bubbly will have to wait until after son #2 shows up in May.

2010 Scharffenberger Blanc de Blancs for bubbly, and 2010 Failla Pearlessence Pinot Noir to go with dinner (duck). Thereā€™s no significance to the convergence of 2010s, just a coincidence!

Weā€™re doing Suisse Fondue night, so either a dry sparkling ( Hinterland Les Etoiles or Pierre Peters BdB) or maybe a riesling from Austria.
Tomorrow Coq au Vin, so red burgundy (maybe a '07 Lā€™Arlot Suchots as one is standing up).

Otherwise, we donā€™t really consider tonight anything special, so donā€™t look to open something out of the ordinary.

That said - Best to all, hope the next 12 months brings everyone better times.

Mag of NV Ruinart BdB, enough for the two of us

2004 Comtes and a La Mouline, vintage TBD.

Closing out 2020 with a bottle of 2000 bordeaux. Debating between St Pierre or Prieure Lichine.

1 Like

My favorite champagne of all time.