What are you opening for NYE 2021?

I have not had the St Pierre but the PL was excellent

Away from home tonight. Dinner is Thai so a Riesling to start followed by a 94 mondavi reserve, 96 Margaux and if still thirsty an 89 Chave.

Having an early Thai dinner. Brought 2017 Muller Scharzof QbA and 2014 St Urbans Hof Ockfener Bockstein Spatlese.

Love, love, love the 2004.

Itā€™s my favorite example of a champagne that appeals to wine geeks and ā€œciviliansā€ alike. I wish I had more.

1 Like

Louis Roederer. Never had it. I like Piper-Heidseck, mainly, but this was a deal at Costco, so why the hell not? But heard good things.

True.

We probably have you covered.

1 Like

1995 Clos du Mesnil.
Happy New Year everyone.

2009 Maurice Delot, Champagne ā€˜Vrai CuvĆ©e LĆ©gendeā€™ (Pinot Blanc) and a Pol Roger Brut NV -

Iā€™m adding a bottleā€”to open now.

2018 Rollin Pernand-V Sous Fretille

2006 Comptes de Champagne
2012 Aubert Chardonnay Sugar Shack
2013 Lā€™Aventure Optimus

2012 Cristal

Roederer is currently making fantastic wines up and down the range. Until maybe 2-3 years ago, I donā€™t remember drinking the producer. It forms a fairly sizable and increasing percentage of my champagne purchases over the last year in particular. Enjoy!

2 Likes

2009 Allemand Reynard
2006 Comtes

Maybe another red depending on whether children are in for the wine

Opened Henri Goutorbe 2008 Brut Grand Cru with lunch.

If I feel industrious for dinner, Iā€™ll make quail and serve burgundy. Doesnā€™t look promising right now ā€“ looking more like a simple salad with cheeses and charcuterie. That would warrant another champagne, or an interesting white.

Would love to see the impression of this as I have one last bottle Iā€™m holding and the only one I really aged.

For us it will be

2014 UltraMarine - not sure which one yet
Krug 164

If we ā€œneedā€ more then Definitely a Laherte

1978 Chateau Magdelaine

1 Like

Dark humor to get through this recent year: A vein.

1 Like
  • 1985 Domaine Armand Rousseau PĆØre et Fils Gevrey-Chambertin - France, Burgundy, CĆ“te de Nuits, Gevrey-Chambertin (12/31/2020)
    Pristine cork that was easily removed with a regular corkscrew, no Durand needed. Color was an impressive clear dark ruby showing this was a perfectly stored bottle without signs of oxidative damage.

The nose is an enticing melange of sweet earth, leafs, spice, and Chinese medicinal herbs. The palate is tertiary but includes notes of dark chocolate, black truffle, and a lingering menthol sweetness. A 35 year old village that has aged better than the grand cru 85s that Iā€™ve tried.

Posted from CellarTracker

2 Likes

2000 Elivette, no champagne tonight