What are you opening for NYE 2021?

Happy New Year from the GMT time zone!

After the seafood we had roasted goatling and asked for a wine from the secret corner of the restaurant’s cellar, at their discretion. Out came a gorgeous 2000 Quinta do Côtto Grande Escolha. This is the reason we age wine: a complex nose of leather, tobacco, graphite, dried flowers, mint and vegetable stew, all wrapped around a core of deep black fruit which took some 30-45 minutes to come out, with a vibrant and elegant palate (and only 12,5% ABV). Came home and toasted with a yummy 2013 Joseph Perrier Brut Nature.

Stay safe, y’all. And let’s hope the new year is at least not as bad as the old one.
IMG_20201231_205552.jpg
IMG_20201231_204556.jpg
IMG_20201231_235116.jpg

Started with a Mawbry sparkling cider. Now onto…

2011 Cirq, Pinot, Treehouse

So far…tylenol, mucinex, z-paks…and hot tea. Fun times… [cry.gif]

1928 Dry Monopole, Heidsieck & Co

Low Level and stank of dust when I opened it. So surprisingly it was amazing, once the stink below off. An amazing bottle!
IMG_7715.jpeg

2 Likes

2010 Dom Perignon, courtesy of Mr. J. Henson.

Have a 5 day old at home so taking it easy with a 375 of Billecart Rose.

2 Likes

07 Taittinger CdC — in a great place now.

Aubert Ritchie Chardonnay 2013
Aubert Pinot UV 2013 so far
Thinking Krug 2002 for later.

Snow crab claws
African Lobster tails
Pasta with white truffles

So far 06 comtes, 06 le cadeau rocheux, 10 montelena estate, and 16 Williams Selyem westside road.

D3F0F791-009F-454E-A3F3-52887180340D.jpeg

2000 Krug with caviar
NV Billecart Salmon Rose with steak tartar
2012 Aubert Lauren with lobster

I’m 67 and no time to lose

This. Some friends stopped over for an early NYE over the fire pit. I opened a Louis Roederer Estate Brut. My favorite sparkler under $25. I like the tiny bubbles, the yeast, and the slight sweetness.

Since it was 23 degrees outside, we moved on to a 2012 Cabot “Kimberly’s” Syrah. It was good right out of the gate, and even better with a trip through the Vinturi.

Finishing with a Manoir de Grandouet Cidre Fermier Brut cidre from Normandy. These are hard to find in Indiana; I was happy to get a few bottles at a hipster market in Indy.

Plan to top off the evening with a cocktail of some sorts.

89 points today?
Feel better soon.

Egly-Ouriet Brut Grand Cru Millesime 2009.

• 2004 Coche-Dury Bourgogne Blanc - France, Burgundy, Bourgogne Blanc (12/31/2020)
    Pop and pour. Outstanding color. Intoxicating Coche nose, a little flint but the delicious honey and ripe fruit cannot be masked. The palate is stunning. Blinded one would think 1er or grand cru. Outstanding depth and weight. Floral with a citrus quality between Meyer lemon and regular lemon. Maybe the faintest hint of vanillin. Impeccably balanced and delicious. Who says white burgs can’t age.

Posted from CellarTracker[/i

I don’t meant to brag, especially being the new guy here, but I opened a bottle that I realize most of you can probably only dream of.

newhere

Obviously kidding. I look forward to slowly and humbly entering into your guys’ and gals’ league in the next few years. For now I’m grateful to have found such a great, knowledgeable community from whom I can learn.

Happy New Year, all! [cheers.gif]

1 Like

09 Grongnet Champagne Special Club
82 LLC
98 d’Yquem

I’m happy with all of them. The champagne punched above its weight, the 82 Las Cases was beautiful, and the 98 d’Yquem, while certainly not the best d’Yquem I’ve had, is still very enjoyable.

That looks absolutely perfect Fred!!! The color! flirtysmile The Coche nose was so prevalent on the 04 CC we had at Manresa. Too bad you don’t get that anymore post 10.

791F4C5E-9285-4BFE-8DE1-8170F431CACA.jpeg
90780A0B-E1D0-4D60-8FC2-9AD500E8D2BB.jpeg

Jacques Lassaigne Clos St. Sophie 2013

Really lovely but I think we’ll wait a year before the next bottle.