What BEER are you drinking? (Part 1)

moving the gueuze discussion over here …

Peter,
that 20yr Cantillon was still sour? That is unf***king believable! The few “slightly aged” gueuzes I’ve had seem to soften considerably, losing much of their sourness, turning more to a slightly funky saison/farmhouse style. Which Cantillon was it? Their standard gueuze?

How much does the Panil reserve cost at retail? I’ve had one Panil, and don’t recall if it was their “reserve” or not … I think I paid $18. I liked it, but it seemed kind of flat to me, leaving me wishing that I had spent my money on a gueuze or lambic instead. Panil is Italian, no?

'Poon (Harpoon IPA) - support your local brewer that doesn’t make $150 Dystopia bottles

Spaten Oktoberfest (clearing out locally cheap)

Long Tail IPA

Beers are good. Drinking the Stone Smoked Porter lately along with the Anchor Brewing Co Christmas Ale. At Rustic Canyon Golf Course I have the Firestone Double Barrel Ale on tap with a burger… nice way to finish a round.
John, if you have any of the Heaters left…bring one down.

Panil “regular” is around $18, the reserve is roughly $10 more per 750ml bottle.

Maybe we should start a gueuze and lambic thread?

Good idea, I will!

great idea!! [thumbs-up.gif] … even if it devolves into only you, myself, Roberto, and a wall all talking to each other. blahblah

Had a couple Paulaner Hefe’s last night … this is my favorite straight hefe.

This is my desk drawer at work:

One 2008 De Dolle Orbier Reserve for tonight, one for the cellar!

So, when are you going to drink them? Are you going to wait for a special occasion or simply pop one when the mod strikes?

On my last trip to Europe, I tried to come up with a plan to somehow get to the Abby but it was not meant to be.

Requiem - Espresso Stout. I thought this was very nice: you can taste the coffee, but it’s not overwhelming. The 7.5% alc. is dangerously hidden – most Stouts that stout approach being sickly, to me … not the case with this one. Definitely more on the bitter, rather than creamy, side of things.

Samuel Smith - “Taddy” Porter. It’s been waaaay too long since I’ve had this beer. So good, it almost makes me laugh. Easily the best porter I’ve ever tasted. Gawd, I love this beer!! flirtysmile

I haven’t had Monk’s Flemish Sour Red, but have seen it for sale. Good stuff? And yes, I like sour beer.

yes. it’s very good!

I like Monk’s quite a bit.

I had the La Folie Sour Brown on tap last night - great beer! It’s the driest sour I’ve ever tried, and I liked it a lot. I don’t think it’s quite as good as many of the Belgian sours I’ve had, but

Drinking a Bierre de Mars tonight, with spicy food. Nice beer. A bit on the sweet side, which is good with this food.

Adam, I feel the same way about La Folie relative to its Belgian counterparts

Around these parts: Highland Brewing Co. Cold Mountain Ale. Brown ale with one different spice each year. Rumor has it Vanilla is what they used this go round.

Right now I have Dogfish Head Imperial IPA in the fridge.

Boulder Brewing Company - “Mojo” IPA

Harpoon - IPA – a bit too malty for my preferences, and not enough hoppines

Bell’s - Amber Ale – ooooh boy, do I love me some Bell’s!! I heart the day Bell’s starts distributing in SoCal … ahh, a man can dream, right?

I certainly have been enjoying the 90 minute.

60, 90 and 120, all winners

I picked up beers for the holiday break today:

Pranqster
Allagash Four
Celebrator
Belhaven
Fuller’s 1845
Sam Smith’s Nut Brown
Westmalle Tripel
Delerium Tremens
Gouden Carolus Tripel
Allagash White
St Bernardus 12
Traquair House

… should be set, calorie wise, through mid January!