What bottle of wine did you open today? (Part 1)

Not today, work is significantly intruding this week. [cry.gif]

Fontodi CC 2007. Pretty tight on opening but after a couple of hours it started to open up. This will be real tasty in 2-4 years.

Had a pint with my fish & chips at the restaurant so I didn’t have to open anything.

Next vino is for our anniversary dinner Friday. '99 Kenwood Artist Series Cab because the A.S. from our anniversary year, '79, is over-the-hill (not like me)!

1998 Bodegas Riojanas Viña Albina Gran Reserva & 1998 Bodegas Riojanas Monte Real Gran Reserva.

I’m going to open an 08 Loring Rosellas Pinot Noir for my birthday. [whistle.gif]

2010 Pazo Senorans Albarino and a 2000 Janasse Chaupin CdP. Both were stellar!

Byron

Happy Birthday DAN HAMMER!

A 2010 Loring Santa Rita Hills Pinot. It was very tasty…glad I have some more.

Eric Ifune wrote:
The Rare Wine Company’s New Orleans Reserve Madeira.

How is this? Rather intrigued by this series.

The standard ones are the New York Malmsey, the Boston Bual, Savannah Verdelho, and Charleston Sercial. Each named after a city(Port actually) which received large amounts of Maderia in the 18th and 19th Centuries. All are pretty good and a good introduction to Madeira. I like the Boston Bual the most. There are other, more expensive bottlings as well. There is the Benjamin Franklin (medium sweet), New Orleans Reserve (based on the style of Terrantez although there is only a little Terrantez in the blend), the Porto Moniz Verdelho (a town on the island where the fruit was grown), and the Imperial Malmsey. These are a step up from the regular series. I like the Imperial Mamsey, haven’t had the Porto Moniz Verdelho yet. I understand that the Rare Wine Company will release several other bottlings later this year.

Drinking Occhipinti SP68 2010 and Deux Montille Corton Charlie 2007.

2005 Meursault Charmes by Jadot- nice with organic chicken sausage with red potatoes. Life is good.

Ardberg 10yo Single Malt…

09 Brovia barbera - a little stinky on opening, but it blew off. Soft and elegant, carrying its 14% more gracefully than most barberas. Nice wine that could also be compatible with new world palates.

2005 Hartford Court Sevens Bench Vineyard Carneros Pinot Noir. Should have decanted it as its still a youngster. Mighty good.

Congrats Bob! [cheers.gif]

It is a white wine evening.

Pulling corks on some closeouts that were scored today. 2000 Terre Rouge Enigma and 2006 Von Schubert Abtsberg Kabinett.

I am glad I bought 5 cases of the Abtsberg. Now where am I going to put the last 2 cases?

Tor 2009 Cabernet Sauvignon Beckstoffer To Kalon Old B. IMO, Tor’s 2009 are tight and will be slow to evolve, but they’ve got the stuffing to age gracefully. Lots of black fruit, minerals, tannin, coffee; power and grace, not flashy at all. Reminds me of great Napa Cabs from the early 90s.

Sounds nice but I can’t help but think that would have been even better with a few years on it!!!

Last night we had an 07 Sea Smoke Botella. Drinking very nicely. Light color but tons of stuffing. And certainly not over-oaked,

Last night we had a 2005 Domaine Michel Lafarge Bourgogne Passetoutgrain ‘L’Exception’ - fill under the capsule, cork barely stained; good red and dark fruit, barely adequate acidity; with a medium long fruity finish. Except for low acidity, the wine was enjoyable with the tuna salad on greens.