What bottle of wine did you open today? (Part 1)

86 Patache d’Aux. This is drinking well - soft with plain but attractive mellow notes of blackcurrant, gunsmoke, and plummy red fruit. Of course this isn’t profound, but it has aged very respectably. Nice.

Pepperoni Pizza and Sherman & Hookers Shebang! 4th Cuvée

08 Loring Gary’s . Wife drank most. Which is always better for me in soooo many ways.

White wine with fish for tomorrow

2010 Bedrock Sauvignon Blanc. Needed a little air actually, but excellent for the first warm night in DC.

Last night we had a 1999 Altos Las Hormigas Mendoza Malbec and a 1999 Sobon Estate Fiddletown Zinfandel Signature Select Program.

Last night I opened a 2007 d"Arenberg The Hermit Crab Viognier/Marsanne, Adelaide, Australia for a New World Rhone varieties topic on another board.

81 BV Private Reserve with a strip steak. Fully mature. Fragrant and cedery. Still with sweet fruit.

2009 Louis Latour Bourgogne Aligote – nice and dry and tart, good wine for a hot day.

Had dinner with 3 friends and made an Asian Orange-Ginger Turkey Stir Fry and had a Coyote’s Run 2010 5-Mile (Riesling/Pinot Blanc/Gewurztraminer blend) to go with it. Nice fruity wine with decent acidity to stand up to the spicy Asian dish.

Then we opened a 2005 Harbour Estates Vidal icewine to go along with chocolate ganache and goat’s milk dulce de leche shortbread squares for dessert. At its absolute peak, the wine is developing caramel flavors but still retains a great deal of fruitiness.

Robbing the cradle with a 2010 Copain Baker Ranch. @ 2.5 hrs the nose is showing some peppery meaty notes, the mid-palate texture is filling out and the stemminess has faded away. [cheers.gif]

2006 Four Vines Anarchy. A syrah, Zin and mourvedre blend. Interesting but bought at a time when this wowed me.

2010 Poe Pinot Noir. I love infancide, but this is just too young. Great taste and falls kind of in the middle of the gender scale profile, but obviously could use more time. Anderson Valley fruits. Reaffirms my belief that my favorites Pinot comes from there.

Tonight, I’m getting high off my own supply – 2008 Encomium.

Tomorrow, I won’t be posting on this thread. I am going to watch March Madness opening day at a sports bar with a fellow ITBer. It’ll be a beer day.

Had the 91 Phelps Backus and the 01 Montelena tonight…the Phelps crushed the montelena

Did Montelena have problems with their equipment that year? I would think they would crush their own fruit…

Sorry, lame joke. I just couldn’t avoid the pun. [cheers.gif]

03 Villa Creek Mas de Maha – tempranillo blend from Paso. Great nose full of all kinds of good stuff and very delicious. This wine is the earthiest of their entire lineup and usually really enjoy it. Only complaint is alc level, says 14.9 but has to be higher as I could barely drink 1 glass before I got my buzz on.

Wine, wine, wine. Blah, Blah, Blah. Is that all you people talk about?

Has anyone tried Dr Pepper 10?

I have I like Diet Dr Pepper better

4 more days Mike! Hang in there.