What Burgundy villages do you have the most wine from?

That’s why I have to guesstimate, so… Gevrey-Chambertin and Chablis! :smiley:

Red:

Chambolle
Nuits St. George
Vosne Romanee

White:

Meursault
Puligny Montrachet
Chassagne Montrachet

Too much math, but I believe it’s this way for me in reds:

Savigny
Chambolle
Vosne
NSG
MSD
Gevrey
Mercurey

CT can be a bit finicky with this breakdown, but my top are easily Gevrey and Puligny. The two surprises were that I have more Pernand than Meursault and less Chambolle than I thought, though on reflection both make sense.

Volnay
Gevrey
Nuits St Georges

Chablis
Meursault
Aloxe Corton

Same here. Chambolle wins on villages level… not sure between Volnay and Morey

Savigny
Chambolle
NSG

Chablis

Interesting Question. For me:

Reds:
Vosne
Volnay
Gevrey
Aloxe-Corton
Chambolle

Whites:
Chablis (by a country mile)
Puligny
Mersault

Just use a new fangled invention called a calculator. [cheers.gif]

Reds
Pernand and Savigny

Whites
Chablis by a lot

1-MSD
2-Gevrey
3- Tie - Vosne & Volnay
5- Chambolle

I’ve combined my reds and whites

1- Chambolle
2- Gevrey
3- Vosne
4- Chassagne
5- Savigny

This was a useful exercise. The Chambolle was a bit of a shocker since I didn’t realize how many I had.

It’s a good problem to have!

If GC Combottes were a MSD rather than a GC (it is right on the border between Latricieres Chambertin and Clos de la Roche and my Combottes all come from producers located in MSD), MSD would be #1.

Volnay, but my overall cellar size is very small and I think I only have 2-3 of many of the other villages.

I just snagged three bottles of 2017 Jean-Marc/Thomas Bouley Volnay which bumped it up to the leaderboard.

Red:

1. Gevrey-Chambertin (in the lead by a factor of 5)
  2. Vosne-Romanee (including Flagey here as others are)
  3. Volnay (tie)
  4. Beaune (tie)
  5. Chambolle-Musigny (tie)
  6. Nuits St. Georges (tie)

White:

1. Meursault
  2. Saint-Aubin
  3. Chablis

My inventory isn’t up to date enough to get an accurate answer. I suspect that my village distribution follows my producer fandom, which means that my top holdings are going to be (in guessed order):

Morey St. Denis (Dujac)
Chambolle (Mugneret-Gibourg, Meo-Camuzet, Roumier)
Gevrey (exception that proves the rule…lots of producers including some from the neighboring villages I’m fanboying like Dujac Charmes)
Volnay (D’Angerville)
Nuits St. Georges (Chevillon, Gouges, Arlot)

It would be interesting to see if the holdings also match the consumption profile. I suspect things like Marsannay would enter my top 5 if you looked at what I drink. I just don’t hold a large quantity of some villages in the cellar for extended development, but I plow through quite a bit of them while I wait for maturity on the grander crus.

In white, holding mostly Puligny and Chassagne. Meursault and Chablis trailing. Drink a bunch of Macon-Villages.

Cheers,
fred

Reds:

1. Vosne+Flagey
  2. MSD
  3. GC
  4. Volnay
  5. CM

Whites:

1. PM
  2. Meursault
  3. Chablis
  4. Saint Aubin
  5. Aloxe-Corton

Without doing an official count, I’m confident that for whites it’s Chablis and then everything else. For reds, I’m confident that the top four are Beaune, NSG, Savigny, and Volnay but less sure of what the order is.

Price pretty much compels me to stick to NSG and the CdB for the vast majority of my red purchases.

Fixin
Givry
Mercurey
Santenay

I purchase the upper tier village wines and 1er Crus in 3-4 bottle lots - and because we have a wholesale license, tend to purchase the listed wines in 6-12 bottle lots. We have some silly, stupid wholesalers in the state, so I pick up some pretty good deals quite regularly as they each close out wines that don’t sell. Just got a couple cases of Joblot’s 2010 various Givry for a song. Ditto for Confuron’s 2010 Fixin.