What Burgundy villages do you have the most wine from?

It is a very good point that holdings in a wine cellar can be very different from consumption. I drink more Bourgogne Rouge and Blanc, Chorey les Beaune, etc., than my statistics would show. I just don’t hold them nearly as long before drinking them so I don’t have that many in my cellar at any one time.

Interesting exercise. Cellar tracker tells me;

Red
Bourgogne 8.1%
Corton Grand Cru 6.5%
Chassagne-Montrachet 5.7%
Volnay 5.7%
Nuits St. Georges 4.9%

White
Chablis 11.4%
Chassagne-Montrachet 10.5%
Saint-Aubin 7.3%
Bourgogne Blanc 5.7%
Meursault 3.3%

By far our favorite appellation for both reds and whites is Chassagne.

No surprise that Chambolle was first at 28%. I was surprised that it is more than the next two combined.

Chambolle Musigny
Pernand Vergelesses
NSG
Gevrey
Vougeot
Beaune
Vosne
Savigny
Morey
Volnay
Aloxe Corton
Pommard
Marsannay (1)
Auxey (1)

Puligny Montrachet by some margin
Gevrey Chambertin for red

Interesting question…

Seemingly my cellar is dominated by Gevrey and Chassagne-Montrachet, with Vosne-Romanée, Volnay, Meursault and Vergisson (i.e. Guffens-Heynen) the runners up. Chambolle is in the lead if I count the wine I make myself.

My exact order! (Volnay by quite a bit in my case)
Obviously you have good taste… [cheers.gif]

TTT

Red, in order, in QTY:

• Chambolle
  • Volnay
  • Gevrey
  • NSG
  • Vosne
  • MSD
  • Pommard

White, in order, in QTY:

• Chablis
  • Meursault
  • Saint-Aubin

-mark

Reds:
Picture1.png

Volnay
Puligny

Best bet is to actually use a combination of filters. So, I first filter by color. Once you do that, over on the top-ish right of the screen above your results you’ll see another drop down that says something like “Then by…” and you can select something else from the drop down. I think I did color 1st, Appellation 2nd and maybe manually combined some of the things like Chablish village, 1er and GC.

Maybe there’s a better way, but that’s what worked for me.

Woo Hoo…great palates drink alike :slight_smile:

Mine is:

Volnay
Chambolle
Savigny

then pretty much everything else is 1s or 2s. also I apparently own no white burgundy right now.

I was interested to revitalize this thread if possible since our wine club (Grapenuts Wine Group of Tampa) did a Hudelot-Noëllat bourgogne rouge lineup last night (TN’s will come soon). I’m eager to hear from some of those who posted in this thread what interests or excites you about Chambolle village wines?

My general observation looking over the lists is I am seeing Chambolle at the top and VR and or Volnay near the bottom or vice versa. Is this a stylistic/terroir driven preference? We had a HN village Chambolle last night and it seemed a bit more masculine in style compared to the village wine but didn’t have the complexity and ripeness of the later GC and PC wines.

A few members present last night commented the village wines really delivered and for the price difference really made sense for many reasons (daily or weekly bottles/budget reasons/less time to age). I feel we ought to do a comparison tasting of village wines as well.

Morgon and Fleurie (just kidding, but not really :joy:)

Reds:
Volnay
NSG
Vosne
Gevrey

Whites:
Chablis
Meursault
Chassagne

Mostly red:
Vosne
Chambolle
NSG
Gevrey
Volnay

White:
Meursault
Chablis

Off the top of my head I’d have guessed Chambolle…
But I was wrong.

Reds - 1st two are 3X next ones
Gevrey
Chambolle.
Vosne (makes sense- expensive, and fewer 1ers than GC or CM)
NSG
Morey

Whites- First two are double the last two, but we are buying more Chablis lately.
Chassange
Puligny
Meursault
Chablis

Interesting exercise: many more 1ers than village (3-4X) and way more bottles than I “need”. Time to depressurize

Friends,

Apart from a few CHEVAL BLANC I only collect BURGUNDY:
RED :

1. VOSNE (client at GRIVOT, LIGER BELAIR (the two), LAMARCHE, ANNE GROS, SIRUGUE, HUDELOT-NOELLAT, MILLOT, ARLOT where I buy Vosne Grand Cru and premier Cru and a tiny bit of CHAMBOLLE where they have 'em.
  2. CHAMBOLLE (I buy at ROUMIER G, MUGNIER, HUDELOT-BAILLET, Chambolles fromB CLAIR)
  3. GEVREY : ROUSSEAU, GALLOIS, DUROCHE, BRUNO CLAIR.
  4. NUITS : GOUGES, CHEVILLON, CHICOTOT!
  5. Puligny and CHASSAGNE : SAUZET, RAMONET,
  6. Morey-st-Denis : CLOS de TART and CLOS des LAMBAYS
1 Like

Def. Vosne-Romanee,
then Chambolle-M

For me Gevrey, vosne, then chambolle, volnay, chassagne, morey, nuits

Chambolle
Vosne
Volnay
Gevrey
Beaune