What did you cook tonight?

Brian - in one week, you made two of my favorite meals! Those short ribs look sick!
Sherri

If itā€™s 60 degrees in Minnesota in March, we smoke:

Untitled

Untitled

Not just his short ribs, but a number of other dishes he has posted here. Makes me droolā€¦more than I normally do without food.

And those pictures are outstanding. Brian, what do you take your pictures with?

1 Like

Moroccan Beef & Vegetable Soup

Ceviche w aguachile

Halibut sous vide then seared and accompanied w lime cured veg

Those dishes look amazing. Keep 'em coming.

[cheers.gif]

[ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage][ResizeableImage=][/ResizeableImage]
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I have to umpire tonight so its pot cooking time.
Grillades and grits with collard greens flavored with cooked down pork ribs.
Since Iā€™ll be out, likely no pictures.

You know your wife is from this part of the country when she walks in and says something smells good. Only a true daughter of our south Alabama creole country would think that Roux and collards cooking would smell good. Cause aint nothing like that collard stink.

Tegame di Vernazzia. This is a dish composed of the following layers: olive oil, potato slices, paper-thin sliced onion with minced garlic, anchovy fillets, parsley and rosemary, San Marzano tomato strips with juice, olive oil, more potatoes, more onion and garlic, more anchovies, more parsley and rosemary, more tomatoes, more olive oil, more potatoes, more parsley and rosemary, more tomatoes, more olive oil. The anchovies practically dissolved while the dish is baking. Be sure to have some bread to sop up the sauce.
IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0907.JPG

Sounds like a lot of EVOO. Iā€™m surprised it doesnā€™t show that way in the plating.

Last night was a simple Linguine with EVOO, pressed garlic, fresh cherry tomatoes, fresh basil and roasted chicken breast.
image.jpg

So do you just cook the veggies in lime, like you would when making ceviche?

Brian, total EVOO was about 1/4-1/3 cup for a 1.5 quart gratin dish. I failed to get a photo of the plate after finishing the tegame. It took 3-4 baguette slices to sop it all up. Not that Iā€™m complaining.

Yes, and some salt. Takes all day. Basically a light pickling.

Pasta allā€™Amatriciana. I usually make this with bucatini. Didnā€™t have any on hand. Nor linguini. Settled for spaghetti.
IMG_0908.JPG

Cuban Sandwiches w/ Kale and Fried Plantain Salad

Itā€™ll be homemade noodles with tuna and salad.

pork chop with cherry peppers

Nom nom!

Yeah, looks delicious!

Corned Beef and Cabbage of course
IMG_1534.JPG