What did you cook tonight?

Simple Asian fried rice with a sunny-side up egg

last night crispy salmon with green beans in red curry

1 Like

That looks so tasty! Did you have any wine with it!

we drank a 2014 De Moor St Bris which was great with the dish

Just a couple of the dishes prepared for an old Spanish wine evening.
20160317_194318.jpg
20160317_201608.jpg

1 Like

Those look beautiful Sarah

If Kenny ever steps out of line, I am here for you.

Every dish looks better than the last. Wow!

Saturday night I threw together a small BBQ plate of pulled and chopped pork shoulder, Kielbasa and brisket:
12034345_929142147204197_5701999515091625325_o.jpg

1 Like

image.jpeg
Brined bird on the BGE with a bit of cherrywood smoke. Removed at 140 deg and finished in a 200 deg oven till dinner.

1 Like

Rabbit food last night:
10604103_929911670460578_6293674620035878416_o.jpg

Sausage looks great, where you get it?

This was my first shot at sous vide salmon with crispy skin. Sous vide at 112 for 20 minutes then hit the cast iron, skin was awesome crispy and tasty. Got just a touch of bumin, but the salmon was so silky and perfectly medium rare. Paired with charred lime, wok charred asparagus and red pepper, ginger gastrique poached red dā€™anjou, compound avocado butter, pear lime zest ginger pureĆ©, dill and cilantro.

1 Like

I donā€™t like this thread. It has a lot of stuff I donā€™t eat or donā€™t recognize, except that plate Tex posted. OMFG. Iā€™ll take a plate of that with sides of baked beans and ā€¦ ā€¦ wait for it ā€¦ ā€¦ Mac & Cheese.

DUDE, that is money! We love a cuban and fried plaintains are underrated and the first Iā€™ve seen in a kale salad. Suzy is Puerto Rican so we love us some platanos. If you want to be a native, you have to fry them till soft, then smash and fry again!

Thanks, it was my first stab at it. Thought overall it turned out pretty good. Iā€™ll remember the twice fried Plantain method for next time. This go-round the Kale was raw with a simple dressing of lime juice garlic EVOO and S&P. Next time the Kale gets 30-45 seconds on the stove just to get a slight wilt.

Sumac Spiced Salmon w/ Freekeh Kale Salad

Brian - if you didnā€™t already have a wife, I was going to ask you to marry me!!! LOL Blown away by your every day cooking. Beyond impressive.

this is a recipe from Fine Cooking magazine.
Pork belly with black eyed peas and collard greens.

3 Likes

Suzanne, that looks awesome. 3 of my favorite things. Is that the honey/tabasco recipe?

Jason

Sheā€™s super-freekeh, yow!

1 Like