What do you drink in the heat?

A cool climate Sauv Blanc would work, but I’ll have a cold beer

In the heat, I drink mostly the same wine I always drink, but if I were in Dallas in July, it would be indoors with the AC on. But I am a little more likely to drink whites and roses, less likely to drink heavier reds like Barolo and Bordeaux, more likely to drink wines like Zinfandel that pair with grilled foods, and I would probably tend to serve wines cooler than I would have in cold weather.

But I’m never part of the “just drink beer” chorus, whether it’s food-wine pairing or weather discussions. I love wine, and I love it just as much in July as December.

This summer I have been making borage gin fizzes with borage from the yard. It’s another dangerous refresher.

Mark,
That’s de Villaine’s basic burgundy chard. 15.99 is a great price for that! The
Aligoté Is excellent as well.

In Louisiana, you drink beer.

I like Rosé, Blanc du Bois (local, non-vinifera, IIRC), Picpoul…

I’m surprised no one
mentioned a chilled Bojo Cru. Also Muscadet and roses, of course.

Gin (Tom Collins, G&T, gin and grapefruit)
Shandy
Sours

then, less often:
muscadet
rose

Champagne and white Bourgogne; Sometimes white Graves Bordeaux.

water

If we are sitting outside, a lite beer or a white or rose wine. If we are inside where we have AC, whatever we are in the mood for.

86 degrees F, NO A/C, and popped a Scherrer zinfandel. Went fine with some pasta in a venison ragu.
Stop worrying about the heat and ENJOY life!

I would have had few Rose side by side, but honestly, with the heat coming this week- ice water.

Margaritas!

Denner Theresa

White port and tonic. Half of each in a glass with ice and you get a delicious Portuguese aperitif.

Gose style beer. Right now Westbrook. Something about the salinity is very refreshing after running or golfing in the 100 degree weather.