What else do you keep in your cellar besides wine and other beverages?

Richard, are you expecting an invasion by beautiful Russian supermodels in this lifetime? :wink:

Personally, I keep chocolate, whisky, cognac, armagnac, spices, oils, vinegars, salts, peppers, sugars, and storage containers together with all the wine.

There is a ton, I mean a ton, of homemade salumi (vacuum packed). Occasionally it cures in the wine cellar, especially something like bresaola which cures quickly. There is also a lot of beer ageing, some Badoit, and olive oil.

Just my clown suit. Nothing else. I swear it!

Shoot, a guy could have a pretty fun weekend in Dallas with this stuff.

I can’t believe I was the first one to get this

Presents - birthday & Christmas. About the only place in the house the kids wouldn’t find 'em (locked).

Last year’s tax returns. Don’t know why.

[snort.gif] [snort.gif] [snort.gif]

Speaking of snorts, I do believe that the sun is over the proverbial yardarm…

The cellar is a perfect place to proof bread overnight or during workday. Gives me more flexibility to bake during the weekdays.

Kirk, agree on the Pu Erh and old red burg parallel. Great stuff, I’m drinking 2-3 cups a day! Good for the cholesterol too.

In my old basement cellar I cured my prosciuttos there. LOVED how the place smelled for 9-12 months. I also would hang deer carcases for a few days (5-7) before taking to a walk in. I know plenty of Mendo folks who keep their weed in their cellars.

At the new house there’s not as much room. I do keep overflow beer and soda/mixes.

Myself (when I’m in the Dog House!) :slight_smile:

A few cigars and homemade charcuterie.
Speaking of which…it’s the perfect time of year to get outside in the cold and stuff some hog casings!