What else do you keep in your wine cellar?

A mini-barrel of bourbon.

Charcuterie, cheese, vegetables, fruit, olive oil.

Mmmmmmmmmmm…protein

Money, guns, and lawyers.

[wow.gif] [cheers.gif]

Jimmy Hoffa.

I’m afraid you’re getting predictable, Craig. When I saw you’d posted, I figured it would be something about dead bodies.

Cigars

Don’t think the temps are too low?

Ageable Beer, backstock liquor, olive oil, potatoes, and christmas and birthday gifts

Perhaps slightly. Though I have not noticed any issues. But i think the constant high humidity is more important.

FWIW I have a few cigars remaining that are close to 20 years old and they’re beautiful smokes…

Beer that will not fit in the Eurocave or is aging, olive oil, chocolate, fruit (there is a watermelon, strawberries and oranges right now), and the occasional cake.

Old bottles of Chartreuse

Second that. Read a bit of information about cigar storage. I think that around 60 degrees Fahrenheit the humidity does not have to be that high (? around 60%) The major risk is to store them too warm and get a proliferation of bugs. FWIW I thinks this info came from Cigar Aficionado. I actually trust Marvin more on cigars that I do wine…he certainly smokes a lot more than I do!

Home canned Salmon and garden vegetables. My passive cellar is a crawl space.

A couple of rifles, several cases of 9mm, 5.56 and .22LR, a Christmas tree, paint and painting supplies, and an assortment of hand tools for household use.

Beer for ageing.

Beer for ageing. Specifically a 3L of Troegs Mad Elf and nothing more. In the fall we’ll store onions, shallots, garlic, and potatoes but at the present we are through last year’s harvest and using store bought provisions.

TW

I have a basement, not a wine cellar.

My oil tank is in the same room down there. My hot water heater is in a different room, insulated from the room where I have the wine.

An unwieldy number of empty wine boxes (includes cardboard, wood and shippers). Cheryl Ward, who picks up our trash and recycling, hurt her shoulder. We are overdue for a wine trash run, I will discuss this with her through a closed door tomorrow morning. Even though it’s pine, we sometimes use the broken-up wooden cases in the fireplace.

Dan Kravitz

Not sure how common this is but … Lipstick.

Yes, really. I should probably add that’s it’s my wife’s. (It’s some special colour she buys half a dozen at a time )

Chocolate of course eg Bendicks Bittermints. That’s it aside from wine (and occasional special beer or cider).