What else do you keep in your wine cellar?

Olive oil and cigars. Constant 54 degrees and 70% humidity. Oh, and sake.

I look forward to showing you my cellar if you make it out here sometime. You could be the fortunate one to see my treasures.

Liquor, mainly whiskies, and sealed boxes of cigars that don’t fit in the humidors.

Tequila!!! [tumbleweed.gif]

Brewing equipment, bulk grain, home brew beer, all of the corks I’ve accumulated over the years, some assorted liquors, a bunch of strong beer and lambics, an antique bed (broken down) with its box spring (custom), the empty trophies, port tongs, a few antique wine and liquor bottles, byo wine carriers (I own 1, 2, 3, and 5 bottle models), dog food, gifts needing hiding (on occasion), potatoes, onions, almond milk, green tea (Oi Oocha), bottled water for the Mrs. (she prefers it cellar temp), fireworks, and the wood boxes that haven’t found a good use elsewhere in the building.

There’s wine in there too. Trust me.

fred

Cadbury Eggs

Why does everyone store distilled spirits in a cellar? It’s already had the crap boiled out of it, nothing you do will hurt it :wink:

May reduce evaporation ?

For Wine Only!!

In my case, 2 reasons:

1. Manila’s warm clime; and,

2. Cav is upstairs, in the family hall which is not air conditioned all the time*.

• I don’t keep my alcohol downstairs (except a stock of beers) so as not to unduly tempt the staff or my kids’ friends. My cav has no lock mechanism.

John, you might even have the honor of being the next addition.

Sounds like you know what to buy her for her next birthday.

A New-Englander like Dan Kravitz, but I have always called my underground/foundation space “cellar” and not basement. I keep my wine “down cellar” in a separate enclosed space under the sunroom, where we also keep:
-twelve metal folding chairs gifted by my father around 1992 (used once I think)
-the leftover wood from our 1996 kitchen redo ( judged useful, but still unused)
-my beer brewing equipment from my one and only beer making effort in 1998
-assorted kitchen equipment, pans, dishes considered too good to throw away when we upgraded to something better
-two work tables, assorted tools and two pieces of stone for my next hand carved sculpture (my last sculpture was made about 2009)

Don’t explain the joke!

Well much like everyone else, along with wine we store some beer and ciders in our temp/humidity controlled wine cellar. I also store olive oil, potatoes and other root veggies. I have used it for the initial ferments for sauerkraut and kimchi as well as milk liquor. We may try making soy sauce and/or miso. I’ve been thinking of trying charcuterie, but I think that its too humid for curing.

My wife store her nail polish in the wine fridge.

I don’t but I think about it. The reason is space.

Pellegrino, cases of it. If I ever fill the cellar it’s the first to go, but it keeps it cool and adds thermal mass (gallons of water) to help with keeping temperature constant. Plus it reminds me to drink a bottle of water with every bottle of wine.

I was wondering the same as Alan, other than convenience , why store whiskey at 55-60 degrees?

no reason at all other than to avoid cluttering cabinets and to keep all alcohol together.

A friend’s wine is now also in my cellar . . . hopefully not for long.