What Father's Day wine are you having?

With grilled rack of lamb…

'99 Ente Meursault…nice but a little past it’s prime…

'95 Grand Puy Lacoste…rocking…leather and earth…everything you’d want form a 20+ yr old bordeaux

'95 Lynch Bages…very perplexing…first tight, then ripe a loose after 1+ hour in the decanter? This bottle was purchased four years ago in a private transaction and not consistent with prior experience…still enjoyable, but odd…

79 Lafite and 79 Haut Brion. The Lafite was compromised and a little corky although gladly consumed by the guests at my party, the Haut Brion was singing. opened a 2016 Laurent Saillard La Pause and a 2003 Suduiraut and a couple of rose bottles 2016 La Clos Peyrossol and the 2016 Fontsainte Corbieres early on.

2005 Bevan Showket
2005 Neal Family Fifteen Forty

Had our sons for dinner, I cooked steak frites with peppercorn sauce.

2106 Cloudy Bay Sauvignon Blanc. This wine seems to have changed into something more interesting in the last few vintages. More great lemon/lime flavours and less battery acid finish.

2004 Charbonniere Villes Vigne CdP. A very elegant old school wine.

BIG WINES DESERVE BIG LETTERS ! neener

109 here…ice cold bottle of Pierre Gimonnet BdB…and a chilled bottle of 14 Turley Juvi Zin.
Works! :slight_smile:

2014 Louis Martini AV Cabernet…took four different Krogers before I found a few…this is legit…trying to find more.

Went with 2005 La Fleur de Bouard Le Plus. Very good.

Shared it with a group of close friends who were doing a huge communal Fathers Day dinner party. Fun!

2001 Faiveley Corton des Corton – Lovely wine

2015 Lapierre Morgon. Chilled down a bit before opening since its over 100 in San Jose today.

My wife got me a case of Cameron 2015 Dundee Hills Pinot so after a long evening shift of hospice work I’m tearing into the first of many bottles, even though technically Father’s Day is over now. I do love JP.

2016 Sigalas Assyrtiko at Sunset Taverna, Ammoudi Bay, Santorini. Nothing tastes better with their signature lobster linguini cooked with Ouzo, orange, tomato, and dill.

Sigalas Vinsanto for dessert.

NED VALOIS lives his life in all-caps

I’ve been thinking about opening one of these, Russ did you decant this? Or just P&P
Thanks,

P&P and it was ready to go.

Gave my dad a 2003 chave hermitage blanc opened it with grilled swordfish. Great bottle and my mom keep saying it is just wine stop geeking out

2013 K Motor City Kitty… and it was brilliant.

Picnic and concert with friends, so was able to sample a bunch:
16 Limerick Lane Rosè - super fresh and easy drinking
14 Pibarnon Rosè - more stuffing than the Limerick Lane, but still nicely acidic and fresh
14 Arnot-Roberts Trout Gulch Chard - So good with loads of acid and minerality. Similar to the 14 Ceritas TG, which I also loved. Something about this terroir.
06 Andre Robert BdB Le Mensil - another stupid good Envoyer deal. In an ideal spot with good yeast/toast character complementing the powerful fruit.
15? J Christopher Lia’s Chard - didn’t care for this, as the wood was intrusive and too much.
14 Kelley Fox Momtazi Pinot - too young and primary, but totally delicious with pure red and black cherry
06 Beaucastel - also too young, but starting to show some secondary leather and earth on top of ripe black fruit

2011 Bedrock Dolinsek. Very nice, ready to drink, but could easily hold a long time.

2013 Pax 2.0 Grenache. Wiull write a separate note later.