What Father's Day wine are you having?

Lunch at the local Chart House. 2014 Chateau D’Esclans Whispering Angel, Rose served with lemon herb crusted salmon on one entree and pan seared scallops on the other. A very nice pairing.

Last bottle of 97 Pahlmeyer Merlot. Stunning wine.

Tom

2015 Ermes Pavese Blanc de Morgex
2009 Paolo Bea Arboreus
2002 Ridge Lytton Springs
2015 Bedrock Zinfandel Esola Vineyard

All were very good but with the extreme heat here in Northern California the white and skin fermented white were the standouts.

Will post a couple separate notes on the whites.

Tom

My daughter and son in law grilled fresh salmon, and served a couple of wines picked up on our visits together to the Willamette Valley, an Anderson Family Pinot Gris '13, and a Dominio IV Pinot Noir “The Red and the Black” '08. Both fully satisfying wines, with the Dominio IV probably at its peak.
The greatest pleasure of the evening, though, was watching their 9 1/2 month old son walking/careening around the house, grabbing everything in sight, and eating the same food as us.

P Hickner

2009 showing well.
IMG_3205.JPG

I opened up an obscure WineBid bottle: 1974 Stone Creek vineyards Northern California Cabernet Sauvignon. After the initial funk blew off, this turned into a fine bottle of wine. Much lighter in color and body than I expected. It went fast.

Limerick Lane - 2014 Rocky Knoll … Very good zin!