What happened with Arcadian??

From an exchange with Joe about a month ago:

“Of course you can and you will remain a GC member as long as you like. In fact i was told that current GC members have exclusive access to library. The new website when it launches shortly will enable the current Grand Cru members to access the library inventory and order as they wish.

I am staying on as winemaker along with Julio as Cellarmaster. And we have met with some of the vineyard owners of sites i have farmed in the past and will be working with them again. More on that as contracts get signed.

The good news is that new proprieters are fantastic and have provided an ability to grow and to work with additional vereitals that we havent produced before such as Grenache. “

Then a got a reply from Duncan:

“We have just finished putting together the announcement and are waiting on the final go ahead from the development team on the site. The site should be finished anytime in the next few days. One of the final touches is creating exclusive access for the Grand Cru members. We will likely send out the news letter at the start of this coming week which will tell the entire story and provide an update on how to access the new wines and also the Arcadian library.

In the meantime, if you would like to purchase some Arcadian wine before the announcement I can make that happen for you. If there are certain vineyards, varietals or vintages that you are fond of from the Arcadian collection, just let me know and I can tell you what we have available to purchase from the library.

Thank you again for your patience”

Larry,

My wife and I visited with Joe back in the fall while he had juice in the barrels. I think you know as much as I do. My guess is that with Covid happening and his production small he probably skipped the most recent mailing list shipment but that is all.

Smart!!

Does anyone have any information about the state of Arcadian?

It’s been awhile and there still seems to be little info about what is happening with Arcadian - other than a few wines being sold on Envoyer . . .

For those long time GC members, are you still getting emails from the winery? Can you still purchase? And if you do, are you purchasing from Joe directly or the new owners? This is just really interesting to see.

Cheers.

1 Like

I don’t think I have gotten emails or shipments in a year or longer. But they were always very uneven about that kind of contact, so you never really knew for sure what was going on.

I wasn’t going to say anything, but I have plenty, so: huge dump of Arcadian on Wine Bid this week.

Good to know - but any news from Joe? I know you’ve been a huge supporter.

Cheers.

The '06 Max Syrah at Envoyer for $60 is a steal. It’s the best domestic Syrah I’ve ever had; think I’ve purchased approximately a collective case over the years, and would have quickly jumped at another case through Envoyer but for my strict buying freeze right now.

Gee, thanks…

Ah well. Not like I needed more wine [cheers.gif]

[cheers.gif]

Larry- I’m not the one to talk about it. And I thought it had been discussed here. He’s still making wine, just not Arc.

Dennis,

That’s the thing - there is nothing on here - at least not anymore. There had been a thread or post but it’s since been removed. There was talk of no more Arcadian - and that raised the question of what would happen to wine club members wanting to reorder before it’s too late, what would happen to in-progress wines, etc. And then there’s the question of the new owners and their new winery that Joe is making wine for - again, nothing out there on this whatsoever which seems quite strange, at least to me.

Cheers.

Save one of those mags for an Arcadian mag offline here in L.A… Marshall and I bought a three-pack of Arcadian Pisoni Pinot mags (03,04,05) at one of the final Wally’s Bonaccorsi charity events. I was hoping to do the offline in August, but along came Covid. Who knows when it will happen now. Someday, as soon as we can gather agroup at my place.

Come on John you gotta know that was half of the reason I bought them! Hope to see everyone soon grouphug

1 Like

Bump. Anyone heard anything?

I am/was? a Grand Cru member. I’m thankful that all of the wines I’ve purchased have already shipped.

There used to be 3 offers a year. The last offer was May 2019.

1 Like

It’s interesting…Joe pops on the board to accept compliments but really doesn’t want to contribute to this thread. At least the website is up and running. All older vintages and I assume nothing new will be coming out from Arcadian again. So sad, I said it before…one of the best wineries in Cali!

I got this email a week ago from Arcadian, confirming they are done:

[letter removed by admin at the request of Joe Davis)

I was just able (last week) to order some of the library wines from Joe.

In the process of doing so now. And Joe has been super helpful in finding ways to get them to me in Montreal. Super wines, super guy.

I just took possession of more bottles of what I consider the greatest domestic Pinot Noir I have ever had the 2000 Francesca right at perfect maturity IMHO. Get what you can while they are available! Thanks Joe

1 Like