What is your worst wine of the year? Well, mine's blue!

Agreed. Well renowned to be an outstanding wine so I think you had an out of condition bottle, Brian.

That certainly sounds inviting.

Good one, Jim! Romulan Ale probably tastes better…

2016 Daou Vineyards The Pessimist.

I wish I had been more of a pessimist before ordering a glass.

Side note, I haven’t had it in at least 15 years, but Fulkersons is gloriously awful.

2000 Fonsalette Syrah, 2008 Plumpjack Merlot and 2009 Domaine De Solitude CDP all corked…SO SAD

‘Be happy to take those and any other D & R wines you don’t care for, off your hands.
Best, Jim

2016 Ridge estate Chardonnay. All matchstick on the nose and flat, fruitless flavor. Replacement bottle was the exact same. Not for me.

Catoctin Vineyards Cabernet Sauv, Maryland 1992 drank about a week ago. Im sure it was pretty awful 25 years ago, now truly vile, esp since passively stored since.

Some nasty Rose at the tasting room at Budo-no-Oka Wine Center in Yamanashi, Japan. There are some decent wines made here though, just that prices are not that attractive.

The one I remember most is a bottle of Chaputier Hermitage. Ugh.

I cannot love this explanation enough for why you were surprised you didn’t get a better result. champagne.gif

'99 Dujac Aux Combottes, just trumped those Japanese Rose I had recently in Yamanashi.

2015 Roulerie Coteaux du Layon.: Unpleasant wine, unbalanced, harsh acidity, no detectible sweetness.

Were you in the war or something? [pwn.gif] (hint: “j-rose” might scan better…)

Worst wine of the year… probably:
2016 Tomàs Cusiné Costers del Segre Auzells

kitchen sink spanish white blend (macabeo, sauv blanc, muscat, chardonnay, albariño, müller thurgau and riesling, WTF), our only tasting note: “gross”

I think we’ve also had the most corked wine this year of any year, like seriously 25+ at least. Gotta start paying attention to those fruit days!

Almost anything from Orin Swift. I keep seeing the one letter word ones at parties and try to avoid them unless there is nothing else to drink.

Did you find anything drinkable there? Even the higher priced wines were strange. I stuck to Sake after that.

Yes. Marufuji, Domaine Sogga, Chateau Mercian, Grace Winery, and Katsunuma Jozo make decent wines. And I believe their quality will continue to improve as vines are still fairly young and there are some enthusiastic wine makers.

My apology to using the abbreviation, I didn’t mean to be offensive, really sorry about that.

I brought a 2015 Becklyn Napa Cab to a small Get together. About five people. It was awesome. Once that was gone they poured 2015 Folie à Deux Cabernet Sauvignon Ménage à Trois. I worked very hard to drink that one glass. Once I got through it my palate was shot.

My worst wine of the year was a pan-Franco (madeup term) field blend of equal parts Cab Sav, Petit Verdot, Syrah, and Grenache. It was made by some fool who didn’t know the first thing about winemaking and probably just looked it up on the internet after harvesting the grapes. The nose is ok but tastes surprisingly like low acid grape cough syrup. Also, it was unoaked.

The worst wine I’ve ever had in my life was definitely a chocolate flavored “wine”. I was extremely against the idea but I had a friend who said that it’s delicious (I now know - far too late- that I cannot trust his palate about ANYTHING) and curiosity got the better of me.

I found it to be horrible. Looks like Yoo-hoo, tastes like a gasoline milkshake. My friend said that I must have gotten the wrong brand! Really?!? I’m sure there are vast differences and countless subtleties between the different examples of brown wine drink! [cheers.gif]