What is your worst wine of the year? Well, mine's blue!

Is it ok to tell your friend that they have the palate of a yak? :slight_smile:

This was frankly disgusting…

2014 Domaine Jean Royer Châteauneuf-du-Pape Cuvée Les Sables de la Crau - France, Rhône, Southern Rhône, Châteauneuf-du-Pape (12/9/2018)
Sorry, but I just can’t call this good wine. It’s notably sweet, hot and shows no defining Chateauneuf du Pape character. It’s anywhere juice that might as well be $7.99 a bottle. I am not even sure I would cook with it.

Posted from CellarTracker

By far it was the 2014 Schild Estate GSM. Useless swill. Raisins, prunes, way too sweet, too much alcohol. Way out of balance. Gave me a headache both nights when I drank it. Only saving grace it was only $6.98 on Garagiste.

Worst wine of the year is typically an Arnot Roberts. I can’t remember which one as I go to my happy place when faced with a 2 oz pour. A friend continues to sample them and while a handful are good, too many resemble a hypothetical blend of battery acid + high school biology experiment gone bad + $9 bottle supermarket wine. The practical joke of wine.

2017 McManis Family Vineyards Cabernet Sauvignon - USA, California (11/5/2018)
Day 1: This is a manipulated wine that is in the semi-sweet category which is often to common for Cabernet under $20. Jammie fruit, smoke, oak chipped and burnt rubber. Not balanced and acidity lacking. If you just swallow this and don’t move it around it is drinkable. One of the worst wine experiences this year. 70 points
Day 2: Improved. No. Still a terrible wine. 70 points
Day 3: Still a mess. 70 points

Recommendation: Don’t buy this mess of a wine. If you slam and swallow you will enjoy this. (70 points)
These guys use to make a good every day wine but the Pinot is right up there too.

This entire thread is more horrifying than the last Halloween film to hit theaters. The Azul wine that started the thread is actually sold here at the LCBO in Ontario, Canada. What idiot thought that would be a good product to bring to our shelves?