What mailing list have you been on the longest? Or what was your first?

Dropped off every list now. Colgin was the last to go. I was on Harlan’s list from '94-'06 until things got too rich for me. Oh, how I miss the days of 60 bucks a bottle.

Dehlinger since around 1996, but I fear I’m going to get bumped off soon. Casualty of WB, actually… Still love the wines but my Pinot money shifted to Burgundy, Rhys and Kutch.

Wendouree, Rockford & Yarra Yering in 1995. Since dropped

Brodie

Perhaps my first was BV back in '89 when I moved to CA. Won’t address the longest as that’ll get too complicated, but will happily list my favorite: Carlisle. Been on that for 9 years and recall not doing it much earlier as I didn’t trust Parker on CA wines. So it took Tanzer for me to e-mail Mike O. There was definitely no wait back then, nor limits on anything except Mondeuse.

Pride. Quilceda Creek.

Chasseur was my first, but it was a ‘club’, technically, and when they went to a standard mailing list, I dropped. Technically I’ve been on Dehlinger the longest, but I don’t buy every release.

I think Behrens & Hitchcock was my first…2001 vintage. But the ones I’ve been on the longest and consistently ordered (even if small) are Pride with the 2001 vintage and Turley starting with the 2002 vintage.

Probably Rhys or Schrader.

Lewelling w/ the 2003 vintage, haven’t missed yet

As for mailing lists, they were not necessary til the mid 90’s .You could find most everything easy enough.My first lists were Phelps and QC .I have been with Cayuse since I met Christophe at a trade tasting in 2000.

I believe Saxum, Carlisle, Pax, Copain since 2004, but now Wind Gap and Agharta in their place. Plenty of new lists since.

I believe Saxum, Carlisle, Pax, Copain since 2004, but now Wind Gap and Agharta in their place. Plenty of new lists since. Rhys since at least 2006 as well!

Tensley Cellar Club since 2010, still a member.

Sea Smoke and Scarecrow both for a vintage and didn’t think the value was worth keeping up with.

I really am fundamentally against buying wines I haven’t tasted.

Edit: On a side note I’ve passed up on 8-10 wineries that I put my name on the waiting list and when the offer came in I just didn’t feel right plonking my CC# down with no tasting history.

Pax and Kistler were my first in 2006, followed by Rivers-Marie on I think their very first release (thanks to Alder Yarrow) and Outpost, and then Williams-Selyem in early 07. Kistler is long gone but I’m still a fan of Pax Mahle, TRB, and Bob Cabral.

Aubert, PM, Biale, Hartford Court, Sea Smoke, Radio-Coteau, and Chasseur were next in 2007 and all long gone, although I miss the Aubert Chards and R-C von Weidlich Zin.

Then came Carlisle and Rhys and that was that…

Schrader, since the inaugural vintage 1998

Ridge Cabernet Program with the 1981 vintage so 1984-5? No longer in any club but still get Ridge’s emails.

I forgot Copain. Probably the same year too as Novy and Carlisle, 03 or 04. Sh#t, at that time, all of them were paper mailers and I still have my very first Carlisle one I faxed to Mike and only recently, I recycled all the Novy mailers that Adam used to do. Old school, for sure.

These are my core first three that I am still with today.

Ridge was the first and been on and off over the years. The longest current streak with buying every year is Rhys.

That sounds about the time they started their wine club. Were you aware of them when they were still making wine at the Sangiacomo ranch?

Well, we know that TomHill has been on most of them from the very start so there’s no reason for us to really compare… neener [smileyvault-ban.gif]