What Major Hole in your Cellar do you wish you could fill?

No question about it: white Loire dessert wines.

Great question…OR Pinot is a good call. I need to fill Barolo and some Red Burgs in the $40-60 range. Need to pay a visit to Woodland Hills…

I have most of what i want, but will take donations of old vintage Madeira and 1961 Bordeaux, since I cannot afford them and will never own them otherwise.

Burgundy!!!

Seriously? Rhones. Not so much higher end Rhones - I have friends who collect that and they open those for me while I open Burgs for them. But I’d love to have some moderate level RHones - St Joseph’s, Gigondas, etc - with about a decade of age.

I could always use more whites with age, since I find myself wanting to drink whites as much or more than reds these days. I have a good amount from the Alscace, but I would like to have more from Chablis, the Loire and Germany.

For reds, I would love to have more Cru Beau.

Wouldn’t mind having some more German wines.

I’d have to say either chablis which I’ve grown to worship the past three years or so or German rielsing which I have recently fallen in love with!

northern rhone - specifically cote rotie and hermitage - i.e., I wish I’d realized when I was first starting out (and when the wines were relatively cheap) that my dislike of beaucastel didn’t mean I wouldn’t love chave. By the time I realized that mature chave is whole 'nother kettle of fish, the wines were too expensive.

Now if someone with excess well-stored northern rhones with age that’s looking for german riesling/red burgundy with age and wants to swap, let me know.

Would love to expand, er, start acquiring California cabernets from the 1980s.

Wish I had more Northern Rhone and Barolo… I think I have 10 bottles total in my cellar.

more aged burgundy, both colors

May want to give a PM to Dick Krueger. I have not purchased any (not my thang) but I think our beloved host had some very nice things to say about Mr Krueger’s wines.

Kick ass Burgundy.

Bernie, come visit Oregon. So much good wine here never leaves the state. Local retailers or winery lists are the way to go.

Same here for me, I keep saying that 2011 will be the year I jump feet first into Burgundy.

Otherwise, the runner up would be Riesling.

If you are new to Burgundy please learn from my mistake and taste widely before buying to cellar. I have some burgs from producers who I dont really like now.

Welcome to the dark side Hudak!
Start playing the lottery… [snort.gif]
Glad to see you enjoying Burgs.

btw ditto Dennis

I’ll get there one of these days with my wife. We’ve got friends to visit in Grants Pass. That may not get us into wine country, but it’s a start.

Actually there are a few good things that far south in the state. But it’s true, most of the action and all of the best stuff is happening up north.

Amen, brother. Otherwise Italian, rotting through my cellar last night for a Chianti to go with homemade grilled pizza I realized I am woefully behind in restocking my Chianti stash.