What Major Hole in your Cellar do you wish you could fill?

My mouth.

Everything…I am SO low!!!

Roumier of great years
old Armand Rousseau like 1949 and 1959
Montrachet Leflaive (every year)
Yquem 1847
Krug 1929
Bollinger 1911
Salon 1929
Hermitage La Chapelle 1961
Romanée Conti 1929
Constantia 18th century
German sweet wines of 19th century

and so on [thankyou.gif]

Not a question for me, more which regions to ignore in the future

Its mostly your fault, Dude. hitsfan

I’ve never spent more than ~$50/bottle and won’t be for the foreseeable future…so, put me down for just about anything that would be considered a “great” bottle. newhere

Region-wise, I’m intrigued to pick up more from the Piedmont, and maybe some Pac NW wines too. Burgundy and older port would be nice, but see paragraph #1.

Jayer and DRC.
I don’t have any of these.
I don’t have enough expendible cash to fill this hole.

I need to round out my Oregon collection. More Cameron, Brick House, maybe some Arterberry Maresh. More Barbaresco, more Chablis. More Volnay, a little Cote de Beaune. And definitely grower Champagne. Wouldn’t mind picking up some good Sherry too.

German Riesling - have been drinking Donnhoff’s Oberhauser Brucke Spatlese from various vintages recently, and it is brilliant and costs nothing!!!

Have also been adding some red Burgs, but haven’t found a producer I really love apart form Roumier & Dujac!

Fortunately I managed to get an allocation of Chave a few years ago thanks to my previous boss, so I have made a start there! I reckon I am about 5 years away from having good fairly mature drinking on a rolling basis…

Not a region but I wish I had more 375’s. I’ve made a belated run at them but I wish I had more.

I sold some wine a few years back and am now trying to refill a La Chapelle vertical. At least I got the 90 back already.

Everything not Bordeaux . . . but I just started, so hopefully I’ll get to the other regions soon . . .

-James

+1 DRC

Wish or will?

Wish would be DRC and Leroy - alas - I am a bit late to the party - but I will fill in some Red Burgs as well as some select white burgs over the next six months. Just bought a mixed case of Reds last month and when the weather changes and we can ship will buy some more. Looking at better producers from selective regions - trying to stay away from places like the Corton, Echezeaux, Vougeot where there is so much stuff that just isn’t all that great. Working hard about being very selective…

Sorry to repost but on further reflection, I’d love to have a decent run of wines from my birth year. I’m 1969, a tough year, but money and availability aside I’d love a run of the DRCs, the La Chapelle and the Chave, the Petrus, and the Vega Sicilia.

The '78 Monfortino & the '78 Giacosa Rionda Riserva - I wish I had about 10 cases of each [cheers.gif] .

Alsace (pretty much everything, but Rieslings in particular), German Rieslings, Burgundy (whites and reds), and Barolo. Some more Northern Rhones would fit in nicely as well.

Best,

Andrew

You do realize, Alan, that you can still buy original rootstalk Riesling for a song?

Pre 1999 Piemonte reds, mature Chablis, and Northern Rhone.