What Mike Smith wine are you drinking tonight?

Last weekend, the Las Piedras was amazing.

89572F17-93B2-4CBA-A8C2-3056A6142ADD.jpeg

2 Likes

Thanks. My last 13 was in 2018. I have 2 left and will have to check back in. The 16 has been our favorite Becklyn NV to date.

On deck… 2014 Becklyn Moulds reserve cabernet.

Opened a 2018 Napanook but it was way too young - astringent, and clashed with our ribeyes. As a Hail Mary, I grabbed a 2019 Myriad NV and it saved the evening. Totally approachable without a decant. (The Napanook worked out on Night 2.)

Drank a 2017 Quivet Cab Kenefick Ranch in honor of receiving my 2019 Myriad and Quivet cab haul. The 2017 was delicious and I am regretting I didn’t buy more of the '17’s beyond my usual max out of the LPV !

I buried most of the 2019’s (though that Quivet Shiverick has me intrigued), but I did hold out a couple bottles of each of the 2019 NV and Glen’s comment makes me glad I did)

2013 Scarlett NV. Drinking excellent right now. Better than the 2016 Becklyn and Myriad we have had recently. All very good.
DC0F2E5A-B6F1-48EC-B7D0-1AC13472320F.jpeg
D7F9FA6F-5F98-4F57-AE3F-2FAE4A0C1F1C.jpeg

Good to know, Albert. I have a lone bottle of the ‘13 and will pull it out soon.

I had the 2019 Myriad Cellars Cab Steltzner last weekend and I was surprised how well it was drinking already. Great wine, though it will improve as it integrates more.

2015 Quivet Napa-time continues to make this better. Classic 2015, therefore very dark fruit dominate. Very tasty indeed.
E5AF8FE5-42AD-4F38-B8B1-BADB939AA73C.jpeg

Was bummed to find out the Myriad and Quivet “Last Bottles” notice came out on Sunday and to find virtually everything (stuff I wanted anyway) gone by the time I opened my e-mail at work. [cry.gif]

2017 Quivet Las Piedras. Was not showing well on pop and pour Friday night so saved most of the bottle for last night. Had completely transformed into one of the best bottles I’ve had this year.

1 Like

2012 Myriad (napa) cabernet - found 2 bottles in the racks that weren’t in CT so opened one this weekend. Drinking well but I’m in no rush to open my last bottle.

1 Like

2018 Quivet Kennefick Syrah - delicious !

Thanks. I have one left as well.

Same thing happened to me with a ‘12 Las Piedras about a month ago. On pop n pour it smelled and tasted cooked. After a few hours it started coming around, 8 hrs in it was incredible

1 Like

Popped a 2019 Quivet Napa Cab (bought 6 of this and the Myriad NV so I could try a couple early and keep my hands off the single vineyard wines). Delicious and drank well. I have a Myriad NV Cab lined up for this week. I really enjoy these Cabs. Cheers and Happy Holidays!

The Quivet LPV is one of my favorite of Mike’s cabs… I will bear this experience in mind. Thanks

The 2019 Quivet LPV was absolutely stunning when we tried it back in September. I grabbed 1 of the Shiverick bottling as well (have yet to try), but the regular LPV is easily one of my favorite wines of the year.

I got some Shiverick too. I hid those from myself in the depths of the cellar. Figure they will need some time? Cheers

Last night, had a 2008 and a 2014 Dr. Crane, and a 2015 Georges III. The 2008 had lots of life in it.

1 Like