What Patricia Green Cellars are you drinking?

LOL, exact same thing right now.
Wish I bought more at that price

Opened a 2002 Notorious from the library release last winter.

Some red, but more dark fruit. Quite a bit of earth/forest floor notes. Mature, but not old. Will plan to drink my remaining bottle in 2027.

My wife’s description was 'Everything you could ask for in an aged Pinot Noir."

Old school. Be interesting for me to go back and look at what sites made that up. So different than now. There’s at least 3 fairly significant sources in there that we haven’t received fruit from in a long time.

I would love to have a crack at 2002 again. Not that we didn’t do a good job, just love to work in that vintage that we considered warm back in the day.

I have a feeling a lot of these you’re seeing right now are from the library release. I also struggle holding onto them for very long so that release was a god-send for my chances of having some PGC make it past infancy.

I almost got a case, but I bumped up against the budget. My 11 bottles are:

2004 Estate Vineyard (3)
2007 Estate Vineyard Old Vine (1)
2008 Singularity (1)
2010 Balcombe Vineyard (1)
2012 Ana Vineyard (2)
2012 Balcombe Vineyard (2)
2012 Estate Vineyard (1)

I drank a 2004 Estate tonight with some friends, in honor of one of them moving away to start a job in DC. Pro tip: stand it upright for at least 3 days prior to drinking. Mine had a fair amount of sediment attached to the cork and the neck.

Sediment aside, the bottle was terrific. The wine had soft, funky nose and a very nice mineral streak (maybe a bit of iron). The fruit was not the star - obvious for a 17yr old wine, but the front and mid palate were nicely integrated. I reserved a half glass to enjoy solo when I returned home from the festivities. Glad I did.

Aged Pinot is a thing. I have started to include a bottle or two of older vintages in all of my Oregon purchases.

Aw shucks Patrick. I had no idea I would attain Pro status when I suggested this back in January! neener

1 Like

Wow, did you order the 2008 Singularity? Or was that Jim’s gift to you? So very cool to get to try something like that.

The Singularity was Jim’s gift. Will be scouring Cellartracker to see when and how folks decide to drink it.

Pretty sure there won’t be any notes. Maybe 1. From someone who got it through this and drank it. Not sure if it went to Cellartracker. No one else has it so there won’t be any info.

2014 Berserkers’ Cuvee. Had several, each enjoyable. Wondering if a Berkserkers’ will ever be offered again.

Cheers!

Definitely not a 2020 version.

I hinted around at the idea of another Berserkers’ Cuvee, but it hasn’t gone anywhere. My 3 remaining bottles (2 from 2013 and 1 from 2014) are squirreled away.

I think the idea was that Jim was passing along the challenge to some other producers in the forum to share in the process. I know I was VERY excited to get my Goodfellow Family Cellars Berserkers’ Cuvee this past go around. I like the idea of different producers taking up the challenge. Plus, once you know you like the wines of PGC or other producers that have done this…then it’s more fun to explore all of what they offer.

The idea of getting to taste a wine from a producer that they are proud of (that’s my assumption) and think the forum will enjoy enough to make it worthy of the Berserkers’ Cuvee seems like a great way for people to get to know different wineries & their style.

That makes perfect sense.

Popped a 2005 Estate from the Library Release tonight. What a doozy. I wish I had a case of this.

• 2005 Patricia Green Cellars Pinot Noir Estate Ribbon Ridge - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley, Ribbon Ridge (6/7/2021)
    From this year’s PGC Cellar release. Color is cloudy magenta, showing a bright nose of cherry liquor. Starts off a bit acetic and sharp, but this blows off quickly. Underneath, there’s a muscular core of ripe cherry fruit, fairly full bodied for OR fruit, lustrous silky texture like the 2004, but also showing more complexity - ferrous earth, wild strawberry, dries roses, and peony. Exotic undertones of longan or other musky tropical fruit. Long ass finish. A remarkable wine. (94 pts.)

Posted from CellarTracker

I opened a 2019 EOV the other night & I’m very happy to set the remaining bottles deep in the cellar.

Drinking it up too quickly … may need more to get through the summer! What a happy satisfying wine that everyone I share a glass with loves. Great with food or just sipping by the lake now live on.

2001 Patricia Green Bonshaw from library release

Garnet color, moderate bricking. Beautiful aromatics. On the nose and palate, pomegranate, cherry, cranberry, earthy notes. Still vibrant, lovely balance between dense red fruit and savory sous bois. Silky mouthfeel. So good, bravo!