What producer do you have the most bottles of that you haven't tried yet?

Nervi, Arnoux-Lachaux, Levet tied for 5

I trust the palates of those who have recommended each of these and don’t need to verify for myself. Also drinking young Levet seems unnecessarily masochistic…

A couple different Charles Noellat offers from Envoyer, but only 6 bottles total. Probably open some now that it’s finally cooled off.

At this point, I don’t think I have anything that I have not tried a bottle from, except maybe Extradimensional Yeah, but I’ve had plenty of D&R before. I may have a couple of oddball bottles that I bought at the liquor store on a whim that I haven’t tried.

5 vintages of Macdonald.

I think it is riskier with producers without many tasting notes like BG but her wines are absolutely delicious so good choice there (even though I do not like her 18s as much as her 16s and 17s).

Looking at my inventory - d’Angerville (5), Ghislaine Barthod (7), both Cotats (11 across the two), Benetiere (7) and Faurie (7) . I would love to check in on one of them but from common wisdom here they all need a ton of time so I’d rather keep my hands off them for now.

72 bottles of Domaine des Roches Neuves but I have never even tasted once.

96 bottles of Henri Jouan and I have only tasted once from a restaurant list.

Thx, I got 05/06/08/09/13/15/16, so quite broad portfolio but sadly only 3 bottles per vintage. Hence, timing is critical. And so far the few people who have a bit of experience with Soldera told me to let them age for at least 25 years… Any input, advice from your side?

Honestly, depending on the vintage, I’d consider trying a Journaries. Agnes is making cleaner wines than her father did. We had a 13 and 17 (to drink quasi-double blind opposite Benetiere) at dinner this year and they were quite pleasant. It helps that they’re not very expensive:)

The answer is one bottle of 2016 Donnachiara Aglianico Irpini which was a gift from friends.

I usually only buy a producer I haven’t tried in order to try it in which case it doesn’t last long.

Would you pick the 2014 Journaries (I have two) or the 2010 Journaries from mag (I have one) for drinking now, or neither?

I did the same with Schrader. After trying a couple, I realized I could do waaaay better with my money, and for my palate, using that same money to buy Bordeaux.

I have limited experience with this wine but from what I have tasted they seem to age well for very long time. So heeding the advice to wait 25 yrs seems smart but I think trying them earlier to see if you like this wine before you pour more bard earned money on them is a good idea too.

1 Like

Oh, the 14 for sure!

1 Like

Interesting. I had to go pretty deep to find a producer I have not tried. Turns out to be Domaine Henri Gouges, 6 bottles.

1 Like

I have just over a case each of some JB Becker Rieslings and some '16 Fratelli Allessandria Barolos.

Cayuse

1 Like

Have about a case of Booker and looking to prob sell some after trying 2 bottles. Stylistically not my cup of tea.

What are the oldest ones you have, Mike?

Next of Kyn (recent purchase), Vega-Sicilia (same).