"What the . . . Where TF did this come from?"

When you have people over, they sneak into you cellar to leave “gifts” to make you wonder about your sanity. Somewhere in there, you’ll find a bottle of Boone’s Farm strawberry Hill!!

Ha, but those have propagated like the Zombie apocalypse, so the infiltration does make some sense. You probably have some 15%s in there, too. Burn it, don’t open the cellar.

How often does Rolland come over to play? [cheers.gif]

Did you win a raffle?

Client gift. Has to be. Maybe you buried them for a reason? I’m not saying all Malvasia is bad, mind you…

We have wine that people bring over for events or holidays and usually save it for them to drink next time they come over for an event. Betting that’s what happened here and it just got sorted into your regular stash of wine instead of set aside.

Wow. You must really hate $10 Malvasia!

Too late, too late! I shot the bottle to pieces with a silver bullet and sprinkled the cellar with holy water. :slight_smile:

No way! He hates me. [cry.gif]

He hates Holy Water too!

Could be other family members with plausible deniability.

Better than tasteless friends with a love for your wine.

I have a modest cellar and have never had that happen. Plenty of “What the …where TF did my bottles of …go?” and the all too rare “Aha, I thought I’d drunk all of that” but never a find that i didn’t remember buying or receiving as a gift.

Old-timers from the Robert Parker board must chuckle, and think of Andy.

I’ve got a number of WTF wines in the cellar, but I do know how they got there.

Cherry wine from Michigan- friend who used to live in Michigan
Pear wine from Washington - same friend trying to torture me again
Unknown Bordeaux- not classified in any way, not found on cellartracker or winesearcher- neighbor
Sweet German red wine- neighbor- these wines show up at potlucks
Sauvignon Blanc from New Mexico- parents of daughter’s ex-boyfriend.
1977 Washington State Chardonnay- the first bottle I opened (in 1979) was undrinkable. Somehow this bottle escaped being poured down the sink, and is now an historical artifact.

When Zachy’s was just about to deliver my stored wine this summer the first inventory they sent had Bryant, Hillside Select and a few other gems. But they eventually delivered the right bottles without the extras.

Heh, heh. My secret plan to gaslight Neal is working. Next I’ll plant some Chinon in his cellar. Bwah, hah, hah!

Neal, do you have any other $10 bottles in the cellar?
Just a starting point…

I am constantly finding wines that I had no idea were in the cellar and never remember buying. I think my wife has been buying them and not telling me, then just putting them in the cellar. Come across them when doing quarterly inventory update. Most of them are undrinkable.

It’s your kids that done it.