What Trader Joe's Wine Are You Drinking?

We’ve been drinking a lot of this lately. Nice on a hot day.

Now this…to add to the Costco thread.

Picked up a 2009 Marqués de Riscal Rioja Reserva for $15 at TJs. I’ve seen this on the menu at Capital Grill for 4-5x this price so I picked some up. I didn’t love it but from the CT scores apparently a lot of others do.

Mine has 2014 Grand Puy Lacoste for $61.99

Also, the Perrin family CDR at $7 is good for cooking Coq au Vin

is this the one in the tall skinny green bottle? if so then yes…a nice summer sipper

Wait a minute. This thread is completely unfair. I needed to do a blind tasting of Two Buck Chuck against a $10 Cali Cab and Trader Joe’s was an excellent source for both wines. I also once bought a $9 bottle of vintage Port there to make sauce. It is also a perfect location to take photographs of pallet-loads of really cheap wine being purchased by knowledgeable 20-somethings for the “what are you photographing to show the decline of American values” thread.

Another recommendation for the Espiral Vinho Verde, but I prefer their rose. I’m going back for more

The Valreas CdRV is serviceable for $6.

Crane Family Vineyards Douceur. $20/500 mL. Nice QPR for a well balanced port-style wine. Appears to maybe be a TJ’s only second label. Their main line dessert wine is $40.

If you have to buy for a party of non wine geeks this will work nicely.

• 2016 VINTJS Pinot Noir Willamette Valley - USA, Oregon, Willamette Valley (11/18/2017)
    Probably the best Pinot Noir you’ll find for under $10. It’s actually decent. Very crystalline Cranberry colored. A hint of candied cherry on the attack but not terribly upsetting. Light bodied and actually opens up nicely after 20 minutes of air. Huh…

Posted from CellarTracker

Brut Rosé North Coast Sparkling Wine. I’d do it again at $9.99.

Made by Rack and Riddle she totally agree. Well worth the $10.

Gone through 3 bottles and a damn good QPR. The Brut at $15 is not as good, just FYI.

Close outs in Minneapolis are better than their terrible wines.

I walked into a Trader Joe’s near LAX and spotted three bottles of Diamond Creek Volcanic Hill.

This was back in 1987 and I can still remember like it was yesterday. [wink.gif]

I get at least 6 of these every year when they’re released. We’ve already gone through 2 of the new batch, might need more.

We picked up 6 more yesterday.

Thanks for the tip. Had last night and finishing it off in a mimosa this morning. A terrific value and will be heading over to clean out my local TJs.

Jason

Thanks for the heads up fellows. I grabbed a bottle a couple of days ago and opened it at a friends Christmas party. Took a sip and I was pleasantly surprised at how good this was. Actually, you would be hard pressed to find a sparkling wine for $10 that comes anywhere close to being this good. I went back today and bought a case. It is the perfect wine to open as my house champagne for the holidays. I’m not a fan of TJ’s wines, but this is by far the best I have had. BTW, the white version is crap, so stick with the Rose.

Totally agree about the white version. And it’s $5 more. Stick to the Rose, awesome $10 bubbly.