What Trader Joe's Wine Are You Drinking?

That’s interesting as it is the same price as the Rose here. Doesn’t matter of course because even if it was $5 less it would still not be worth buying. The Rose was being tasted in the store today, so when I went to grab a case I told the employee how good it was and he said the producer sells it under their own label for $23. No idea if he had a clue what he was talking about.

Bingo

Couldn’t agree more, as the only reason I tried a bottle was because of this thread and very glad I did. Here’s to decent inexpensive sparkling wine.

champagne.gif

Perfectly serviceable. Rebuy.

Pine Ridge Chenin Blanc + Viognier blend is the only serviceable wine I have had from Trader Joe’s in the past few years(not saying their aren’t more, just not worth searching through all their flops).

I have 2 bottles of 2009 Quinson CdP that I bought years ago for $12. Has anyone tried this wine? I haven’t tasted it yet.
I don’t have high hopes, but I couldn’t resist the $12 price tag for a CdP.

Totally agree on the brut rose. Bought a bottle to try after reading this thread and after opening it, I went back and bought 6 more.

2012 GSM Reserve lot 96. Wish I could have picked up a few more.

Having in my Xmas Eve mimosa.

J

Tried the Rose tonight, not as impressed as others in this thread. Had a sour note that detracted quite a bit from it.

There own label of Junmai Ginjo Sake’ $9.99. A little rustic but I’ve had worse for three times the price.

While I rarely buy wines at TJ’s, their 2014 Chablis (producer name escapes me) with the white front label and green capsule was very impressive. At just $13, I was blown away when the back label said the wine came from Kimmeridgean soils with an average vine age of 40 years.

I’m pretty sure that “Kimmeridgean” is meaningless or nearly so if it’s correctly classified as Chablis. It’s just there to suck you in :stuck_out_tongue:

Just an FYI, Rack & Riddle has a facility and tasting room here in Healdsburg on Moore Lane, just up that street from my (production) place.

Mark B wrote:
" While I rarely buy wines at TJ’s, their 2014 Chablis (producer name escapes me) with the white front label and green capsule was very impressive. At just $13, I was blown away when the back label said the wine came from Kimmeridgean soils with an average vine age of 40 years."

Got some today at TJ’s. It is Domaine a Prehy Sainte Celine, but is 2015, rather than 2014. Both vintages rated in the mid to high 80’s in CT, except for 1 rating for the 2014 of 68(?), which was a mistake, and has been corrected. Will try it tonight with brie, grapes, and sourdough bread.

Abbe S said “I have 2 bottles of 2009 Quinson CdP that I bought years ago for $12. Has anyone tried this wine? I haven’t tasted it yet.
I don’t have high hopes, but I couldn’t resist the $12 price tag for a CdP.”

Take a look at evaluations on:
https://www.vivino.com/wineries/fr-j-l-quinson/wines/chteauneuf-du-pape-2009

Looks like a good buy.

Has anyone tried the 2015 Pontificus White - Viognier, marsanne, rousanne for $6.99? I always enjoy the red but the white is a definite case buy - Good fruit, perfect for a new yrs party w spicy food !

Tried the 2015 Chablis last night. Grown in kimmeridgean limestone with vines aged for 30 years.
Made with indigenous yeast. Clean smell, and clean fresh taste. Seems fuller and more buttery than other Chablis we have had, and my wife liked it better than the more acidic and citric Chablis. Good aftertaste too. We will get more. Would rate around 87-88. Very pleasing.