What was your wine board path to Wine Berserkers

That was Wine Therapy.

For me, it was Squires/eBob and Wine Therapy. Then I followed the migration over here (which brings to mind the footage I saw on TV the other night of herds of wildebeests and zebras migrating across rivers infested with crocodiles – most of us made is unscathed).

WLTV to here

WS & WCWN (briefly)
WLDG - (and still there…19 years later)
Squires
Here

With quick trips through Therapy/Disorder, UK Wine Forum, BWE, etc.

I started in '03 or so on the eBob board.

I was not kicked off eBob (although many believe that I was), but I was part of the fed up initial migration to this monstrosity. I’m pretty sure it was Jorge that urged me to come here. I think I’m Member #67 and I’m proud to be on the first page of the Member list. It’s a great community and I’m sorry I’ve been MIA for so long! [cheers.gif]

alt.food.wine to WLDG and Squires/Parker to here and also via Wine Therapy/Disorder and the TGJP in Paris. I met so many people who became dear friends through these groups that it is hard to imagine life without them.

Spectator
Squires / eBob
Berserkers

I remember going to the Spectator forum when I first established my home network many years ago. It was through that forum where I met some fellow winos (Vino Me, Chicago Wine Mafia, etc.). When it was obvious that Wine Spectator was more of a “wild west” forum without monitors, I moved on to eBob. When they went to a pay subscription service model, I looked for something else. I do not remember what exactly brought me to Wine Berserkers…but I have been enjoying the ride!

Cheers,
JP

Started with Squires but cannot recall how I got there. I was just getting back to this passion after a 1-2 year hiatus. The hype-machine was in full sling, 2003 Bordeaux, then 2005, then 2007 CDP, the greatest ever of any ever. The shit thereafter got ugly at eBob, especially during Sierra Crap-Shoot, but I generally shied away from all the BS. I got a PM one day, out of the blue, from someone who’s name now escapes me, telling me about WB.com. I surfed around it, thought you guys were jilted Parker lovers 10x over, so stayed off the boards for a little, but surfed here. Eventually I joined. There is no comparison, this board has evolved into something far greater than eBob, a real sense of community.

I joined Squires about the time Parker took it over,dabbled a bit with WLTV (early Gary was a hoot), got more involved in offlines with the West LA bunch, went to some great tastings and dinners with them, when the pay-wall went up a lot of the content went way down on Parker but the polite factor went way up (but it was a bit boring), still subscribe on e-bob, the west LA group turned me on to Berserkers and the rest is history.

Oops! I forgot I was on WS Forum for a while as well but haven’t even looked at it for years even though I still subscribe to online WS.

All the cool kids left Squires so I came here.

The site was bought out and the new people running it, changed the orientation from a site based on community engagement, to one based on selling. The boards were stripped and old posts were lost. There was lots of hurt feelings and angry words and most people just left. I still check in sometimes but it’s over.

Mark Squires and Robert Parker must have been consultants.

I started with WCWN around 2000-2001. Joined the Parker/Squires bulletin board in 2002. Learned a ton there, and made some friendships that we still have today. I joined this board in 2010. We also have made some good friendships here. I am not a frequent poster, but post here more than on the other board because there are more topics and more participation.

Thanks,
Ed

i had fun sparring with Squires, until the day that in my work as translator i had to refer to that gent as ‘renowned American wine critic’

at which point i bailed, migrated in this direx;

since then am happy to contribute in any way that i might.

Stumbled upon GV after seeing him in Conan back in 2007 and quickly found myself watching his videos and engaged in the WLTV forums. Was living in New Haven at the time so was fortunate to attend some offlines with the mostly NJ / NY crew. As WLTV wound down so did the forums though I still find myself cruising through every once in a while. Tried eBob quickly and then found my way this way.

Ebob and then here.

I got banned for starting a thread wishing Bob Wood a Happy Birthday.

WLTV
Trembling Hills
Here

Thank you

my path here? through bad fuqn luck is all
:wink:

CellarTracker (lurk there rarely these days)
WLTV (lurk occasionally)
Here

Look at the bright side, you met and bonded with Corey.