What's Knocked U Out Lately?

Nothing that I can think of.

Edit: If I can go back about two months I had some EPIC auction level german rieslings. Im convinced that they are the best wines in the world.

Yes! I tried it at the Wine & Spirits tasting in SF and thought it was mind-blowing.

So far this year I’ve really enjoyed an 01 Suduiraut, an 01 La Tour Blanche, a 93 Dalla Valle Maya, and a 96 Poggio Scalette Il Carbonaione.

2006 Alban Reva

2009 Alpha Omega To Kalon barrel tasting

2007 Leflaive Chevalier Montrachet…superb.

1997 Joseph Phelps Insignia

A Tribute to Grace, 2008 - idiosyncratic and delicious

2005 Massa Vecchia Bianco

[cheers.gif]

Although much more humble than many of the above-referenced bottles, I recently had a 2005 Qupe Bien Nacido Syrah that was just fanastic. Like very good CR from a good year. Awesome.

1982 Dom
1983 and 1990 Chateau d’Yquem
1990 1990 Bruno Giacosa Barbaresco Santo Stefano Riserva
1978 Joseph Drouhin Chambertin-Clos de Bèze

Those wild pigs are deceptively strong, and mean too.

Had a 96 Dominus the other night that just rocked…Thank you Diane.

Oops almost forgot about the 86 Lafite a few nights before. [wow.gif]

Gee, ya think?

2005 MacPhail Sangiacomo was doing really well earlier in the week!

'07 Jaffurs Bien Nacido.
Craig does a great job with Syrah, but this one takes it to a whole new level. OMG, I need rubber pants when drinking this one.

While I’m still standing, the 2004 Henri Billiot Millesime Brut Champagne tonight was almost a knockout. It takes everything I enjoy about the very good H. Billiot NV and dials it up a notch and then doubles the energy, verve, grip, intensity and complexity. While young, the style of this house works young.

Russian River Barrel tasting today: Papapietro 2008 Leras Vyd Pinot

1990 Guigal Landonne
2004 Vega Sicilia Valbuena
2008 Jerome Prevost Les Closieres Extra Brut (100% Meunier, and the best interpretation I’ve ever had with bubbles).

Always a winner.

Almost forgot…

2008 Bevan Cellars Ontogeny
1997 Karl Lawrence Reserve Herb Lamb Vineyard