What's Knocked U Out Lately?

The '02 Pierre Peters Tete de Cuvee. Bested '02 Dom and '02 Cristal. Pure magic with such an exotic character. Unlike any other Peters I have ever tasted, I can still get all of its spice and honey notes even now (tasted just before Christmas). Stunner.

'08 Kistler Kistler Vyd. Pinot, rocking Sonoma Coast fruit and real concentration. So different from older Kistler Pinots, less oak and alcohol (14.1%) ; more balance. I usually prefer RRV to the coast, but this was really good.

'08 Cristom Mt. Jefferson Pinot for $25 my cost, this serves up the sweet-sour thing I love for not too many dollars. Already been through eight or ten bottles. Hope they do not sell through too soon.

2007 Lapierre Morgon S

2001 Clape Cotes du Rhone; to say this was a baby Cornas doesn’t do it justice.

1999 La Magia Brunello di Montalcino

Figured you would say Bevan. For me that was a nice wine but in my view the 2004 Beaucastel blew it away. I even liked it better than the Richebourg from a while back. That was the most unexpected wow I have had in a while.

1993 Dalla Valle
2005 Arome de Pavie
Every 2007-2009 tasted from barrel at Alban

2008 Cameron Arley’s Leap Pinot Noir. Have had the opportunity to try this a couple times recently and continue to enjoy every sip and sniff.

2003 Betz Family Winery La Serenne. Bob’s wines with a little age are such a treat and this was another phenomenal showing for his syrah styling and the Yakima Valley AVA. Very excited to pickup the BDX offerings on Sunday.

1997 Pahlmeyer
2008 Denner Dirt Worshipper
2005 SQN Atlantis
2006 Alban Reva

Went to a Copain tasting in D.C. yesterday, and Wells Guthrie was pouring a mixed bag of wines. The 2009 Brosseau Chardonnay was out of this world.

1982 Pichon Lalande

You talking about the wine or the alcohol content… [stirthepothal.gif]

Haven’t had a taste of wine since Feb. 3, but the Diet Dr. Pepper I had last night was solid. [swoon.gif]

2003 Pegau seems to be a controversial “love it” or “hate it” bottle. I find it to be perfectly balanced with a focused elegant density to its huge concentration instead of a fatness. Love at first sip. [snort.gif]

Michel Esmonin 1993 Gevrey-Chambertin 1er Clos Saint-Jacques, a wine with bottle variation issues in '93 but this was \the best I’ve had. Exceptional.

2003 Pegau and 1994 Dominus. I’ve had both numerous times before and these examples were the best yet.

that’s what I had twice today! Diet Dr Pepper is great.
alan

how many points?

Hmm so far the consensus knockout. Hopefully easy to find. Might even go well with chili.

Goes well with pizza too. A fruit bomb with a bit of spritz. I should inform you precious types that it’s SWEET.

Exibits a nice sense of place. Dallas, I believe.

I was at AO yesterday for the blending party. I have to say I was disappointed with the 09 To Kalon out of the barrel. On the other hand, the 09 Stagecoach was amazing. Bought some futures.

This is the one that got me to drop off their list…

Otherwise, for me:

1990 Angelus: Sublime wine, a nearly perfect marriage of Merlot and Cabernet Franc. Spectacular aromatic fireworks of plum and aged tobacco, rich, perfectly balanced dark fruit with incredible length.

2001 Fevre Chablis les Clos: Very rich Chablis, like drinking from a Jurassic age tidal pool. Distinctly saline flavors on the palate complement the almost Batard-Montrachet levels of citrus-tinged fruit. This one finally matched its early promise.

2007 Keller Dalsheimer Hubacker Trocken Grosses Gewachs: A weightless wine with subtle ethereal aromas and flavors of peach and apricot that play off against firm stony flavors.