What's Your Favorite Widely Available Bourbon / Rye?

Couple months back found a bottle of Willet 4 year on the shelf locally, which was strange as I haven’t seen one in stock for YEARS. Bought it and poured a finger that night. Delicious as remembered.

It still shows up at Costco here every so often. I like it and have a couple of bottles in reserve but for widely available and well priced it’s hard to beat Pikesville. I’ve heard good things about Sagamore Rye too but haven’t tried it yet.

You’ll love Sagamore Adam, try and find the double oak, a step up from WR double.

2 Likes

Double Oak and Cask Strength are both excellent. Their LTO is a Rum Cask finish this year.

I’ll try to find you a sample Adam…still have some Remus Reserve for you too and maybe a 4R Cask Strength.

Will definitely look for the Sagamore. Arnie at Esquin told me about it.

Eagle Rare 10 hasn’t been on shelves around here for years, but I can find a few bottles a year “in the back” when I inquire real nice like.

Willet 4 the same.

Tried this for the first time last night, quite enjoyable for a double-oaked Bourbon - MUCH more so than Woodford Reserve Double Oaked, which I can’t stand. The Old Forester 1910 is complex, very rich on the mouthfeel, has a nice floral character, not overly-charred tasting. Nice stuff.

1 Like

Woodford Reserve Double Oaked :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Don’t sleep on the Evan Williams white label BIB. Perfect cocktail bourbon, widely available and CHEAP.