What's Your Favorite Widely Available Bourbon / Rye?

Absolutely - fantastic choice

If you haven’t tried New Riff, I would give it a shot. It is about $50-55 and hits well above its weight at that price point. My friends who are serious rye aficionados say their rye is top tier.

Elijah Craig Barrell Proof is the correct answer but i’ll also accept OF 1920

Cheaper than that, WT 101 or Russells single barrel

Cheaper than Russells Single Barrell? Do you mean the store picks or the normal Single Barrell?

Does Pendleton’s 1910 count as a rye, despite it technically being a Canadian Rye??? Regardless, it’s generally my go-to whenever I see it.

I use Rittenhouse for most cocktails where I want a rye bourbon.

Been drinking Kentucky Owl Confiscated bourbon lately. Hit or miss finding it everywhere though, but damn it’s tasty stuff.

I’m on the OF 1910 & 1920 train.

Can’t go wrong with either. Which one do you prefer, if you had to choose?

Well, I’m drinking OF 1920 right now as I read this, which says it all. Seduced by the proof. But when I want something a bit more elegant 1910 isn’t far behind.

Tried a new(to me) bourbon J.T.S Brown BIB , $14 for Heaven Hill juice.You’ll have to bend over to reach the bottom shelf for it but it crushes others BIBs 2-3 times the tariff. A must buy for an everyday sipper. [cheers.gif]

I’m not a Rye aficionado, but for something that’s accessible and doesn’t break the bank, it will due.

I can almost always find Sazerac over at Binny’s for about $29

Woodford Double Oaked is great and the best mixer on the planet for Coca Cola.

If you see any George Remus store picks they are MGP juice and absolutely delicious.

Wilderness Trail has a number of different mash bill offerings at various ages. Liked some better than others.

Blade and Bow plays great on its own and in cocktails.

OGD114 - usually around $20

I’m a big fan of wild turkeys Kentucky spirit. Great all around bourbon. The 101 and longbranch are more budget friendly. Early times bib might be the Best Buy in bourbon for my money. All are widely available.

I will add Wiseman Rye to this thread, the new release from Kentucky Owl.

I’ve enjoyed a couple of bourbons that I recommend. The first is the Parker Heritage Collection 11 year old Wheat. At 122 proof it lets you know it has arrived on your palate, but once you get use to that level of octane boy does it sing. Rich, layered with a finish that lasts for days. One of the best bourbons I’ve ever tried.

The second surprise is Redemption High Rye single barrel select. It’s a Total Wines special offering. Very nice indeed.

One of those 2 might be considered “widely available”. The other…

I think I saw the Parkers for about 8 Hundo in local shop. Is that heavy char barrels?

Are you guys still finding Eagle Rare widely available? It’s pretty allocated around here, and has been for a few years.

I still see ER10 around some of the time. Usually limit 1 per customer.